And we're back!

Main Menu

Happy Cinco de Mayo!

Started by Caliga, May 05, 2011, 07:40:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Ed Anger on May 05, 2011, 10:55:26 AM
Or those microwave burritos.

The green chili ones are both  :mmm: and  :x at the same time. 

Valmy

Quote from: Martinus on May 05, 2011, 10:37:00 AM
I thought you would side with the people (tm) against the monarchy (tm). I'm disappointed.  :(

Ah shit I had not considered that angle.

Actually the Mexican Liberals' marching song was La Marseillaise which was sorta awkward.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Razgovory

Quote from: Valmy on May 05, 2011, 11:21:02 AM
Quote from: Martinus on May 05, 2011, 10:37:00 AM
I thought you would side with the people (tm) against the monarchy (tm). I'm disappointed.  :(

Ah shit I had not considered that angle.

Actually the Mexican Liberals' marching song was La Marseillaise which was sorta awkward.

The communists also used to use that theme.  I think it was sort of an all purpose song for Revolution.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

citizen k

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on May 05, 2011, 08:57:31 AM
Does anybody actually do anything on Cinco de Mayo?  I honestly can't remember ever even seeing anything unusual happening on 5/5.  :mellow:  Mexican immigrants... nothing... alcoholics I've lived with... nothing.... who else is there?   :cry:

I always either go out for Mexican or make a little fiesta at home. I also play Linda Ronstadt's version of "La Charreada".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjRhadhHUKQ&feature=related

Eddie Teach

I've seen Casablanca several times but don't recall La Marseillaise at all. Neither tune nor words, it just doesn't leave a mark.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Valmy

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on May 05, 2011, 12:44:28 PM
I've seen Casablanca several times but don't recall La Marseillaise at all. Neither tune nor words, it just doesn't leave a mark.

But that is only because you are a soulless dry husk of a human being.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Caliga

:mad:

Allons enfants de la patrie, le jour de liberte est arrive!
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Duque de Bragança

One of the key scenes of the movie: the anthem battle. Chant de guerre de l'Armée du Rhin vs Die Wacht am Rhein

Eddie Teach

Yes, I remember the scene in the movie, why I mentioned it. Just not how the song goes. Probably doesn't help that it was competing against the German song.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

C.C.R.

Had chicken tacos last night for Fifth of Mayo.  They were OK I guess.  We were out of Tabasco so Wifey put extra Frank's into the marinade to compensate, plus we were out of onions & there weren't any peppers.  Meh.  I ate it with a couple knocks of Seagram's on the rocks & that stray bottle of Guiness Extra Stout that was hiding in the back of the fridge.  Thank Christ that its grocery day today.  I'd elaborate more but Weiner kid #2 just crawled up on the desk next to me & the stench wafting from her diaper indicates that she is an Obama fan & advocates Change...

:ccr

Barrister

I'd elaborate more but Weiner kid #2 just crawled up on the desk next to me & the stench wafting from her diaper indicates that she is an Obama fan & advocates Change...
[/quote]

I'll have to steal that line...  :)
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

C.C.R.

Quote from: Barrister on May 06, 2011, 09:37:18 AM
I'll have to steal that line...  :)

No stealing necessary.  Each & every Pearl of Wisdom that flows from my fingertips is subject to Fair Use -- but having a License To Steal you were of course already well aware of that...

:P