News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

AT&T starts capping broadband

Started by Caliga, May 04, 2011, 09:24:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Octavian

If you let someone handcuff you, and put a rope around your neck, don't act all surprised if they hang you!

- Eyal Yanilov.

Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely - lay your life before him.

- Bruce Lee

Pat

Quote from: DGuller on May 04, 2011, 05:14:13 PM
Is 100 Mb/s some sort of hard limit?  It seems like a lot of mega-fast Internet connections get close to that number, but none go over.

Some places in Sweden you can get 1000mb/1000mb full duplex broadband for about €58/month.

Capetan Mihali

Looks like the Old Country Internet Buffet is shuttering its doors and it'll be a la carte from now on.   :( 
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Capetan Mihali

I can't believe these freaking speeds you Euros are getting.  POS RCN gave me a whopping 7 something with the ethernet.   <_<
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

The Brain

Quote from: citizen k on May 04, 2011, 04:57:49 PM
Quote from: The Brain on May 04, 2011, 02:11:38 PM
To be fair I must of course add that my broadband is free, in the sense that I pay nothing for it personally. I haven't seen the actual cost per apartment but it's something like $15 per month.

So, who's picking up the rest of the costs?

The $15 is picked up by the condominium thingy with no increase of my "rent" necessary. Before it was installed a year ago we all paid our own individual broadbands, this one "comes with the condo". The words in the previous sentences may be way off, I don't know what terms to use in English, but I hope you get the idea.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

katmai

Quote from: Ed Anger on May 05, 2011, 09:39:10 AM
Quote from: katmai on May 05, 2011, 06:50:20 AM
Quote from: Ed Anger on May 05, 2011, 06:21:29 AM
Fatmai has an iphone? gay.
for like the last two years.

:mad:
I'm in arts and entertainment biz man. I get enough dirty looks not having a Mac laptop!
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Caliga

:sleep:

I hope the Apple marketing person who managed to get them to be such a dominant Hollywood player is a billionaire now, since they surely deserve to be.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ed Anger

Quote from: katmai on May 05, 2011, 10:17:19 AM
Quote from: Ed Anger on May 05, 2011, 09:39:10 AM
Quote from: katmai on May 05, 2011, 06:50:20 AM
Quote from: Ed Anger on May 05, 2011, 06:21:29 AM
Fatmai has an iphone? gay.
for like the last two years.

:mad:
I'm in arts and entertainment biz man. I get enough dirty looks not having a Mac laptop!

You should get a iPad like me and be a douchebag.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

katmai

If I could data transfer from cf and sd cards I would!

Caliga

I have to admit the iPad is pretty cool. :Embarrass:  Guy I work with always brings his to meetings.  When he gets bored, he starts playing Angry Birds. :)

Martinus

Quote from: Caliga on May 05, 2011, 10:19:51 AM
:sleep:

I hope the Apple marketing person who managed to get them to be such a dominant Hollywood player is a billionaire now, since they surely deserve to be.

It's all about product placement - they just gave the laptops to everyone doing a movie or a tv series. Pretty much everyone in HBO series (such as Six Feet Under) uses an Apple.

Martinus

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on May 05, 2011, 09:43:37 AM
I can't believe these freaking speeds you Euros are getting.  POS RCN gave me a whopping 7 something with the ethernet.   <_<

In Poland you are lucky if you have 4Mbit.  <_<

katmai

Quote from: Caliga on May 05, 2011, 10:21:16 AM
I have to admit the iPad is pretty cool. :Embarrass:  Guy I work with always brings his to meetings.  When he gets bored, he starts playing Angry Birds. :)
Yeah got to check out the 2.0 version that one of presenters had on last job.

Caliga

This dude doesn't have a 2.0 and he said he probably won't get one, since the one he has is totally sufficient for his needs.