The Obama "To Make Important Statement" MEGATHREAD

Started by CountDeMoney, May 01, 2011, 09:34:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Habbaku

:mad:  You mean we can't support any coups until there's a new President?
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Fate

CountDeMoney

No hints anywhere on the net, this is apparently coming out of the blue.

I sure as shit hope the Soviets haven't put ballistic missiles in Libya.

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Fate

CountDeMoney

Quote from: katmai on May 01, 2011, 09:36:12 PM
Does it really need it's own thread?!?!

:rolleyes:

No.

It needs....

A MEGATHREAD!!!!1111oneoneoneeleventyoneyokoono

Slargos

LaCroix

CountDeMoney

I sure hope he at least waits until after Celebrity Apprentice.  Nene and Star are going to fight this one for the ages.

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

LaCroix

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Habbaku on May 01, 2011, 09:41:14 PM
Bin Laden dead?   :huh:

That would be lovely, but I think it's either: whacking the family of famous Libyans, or Syria.

Habbaku

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 01, 2011, 09:42:22 PM
Quote from: Habbaku on May 01, 2011, 09:41:14 PM
Bin Laden dead?   :huh:

That would be lovely, but I think it's either: whacking the family of famous Libyans, or Syria.

That seems a bit far-fetched for 10:40 PM EST on a Sunday.

-J. R. R. Tolkien