News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Tea Party!

Started by Savonarola, April 15, 2009, 02:30:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Savonarola

Quote from: Valmy on April 16, 2009, 09:26:56 AM

My father and I cleaned and restored his old shot gun and replaced the ammo and everything last month...nobody mentioned anything about an ammo shortage.  There is a huge gun show coming this weekend...

I think the weapon industry is just fine.  This is just shit people are making up to fuel the Republican come back.  Sort of like how tax burdens are swelling when taxes have not even gone up.

The weapon industry is booming; that's the point the columnist was trying to make.  FBI background checks have increased and there's an ammo shortage because people are buying guns for fear that Obama will increase gun restrictions or tax ammunition.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Valmy

Quote from: Savonarola on April 16, 2009, 09:30:20 AM
The weapon industry is booming; that's the point the columnist was trying to make.  FBI background checks have increased and there's an ammo shortage because people are buying guns for fear that Obama will increase gun restrictions or tax ammunition.

Also because those Mexican drug cartels have to get all that ammo and weapons smuggled back across the border.  They have Mexican soldiers to kill and they needs lots of ammo.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Savonarola

Quote from: Valmy on April 16, 2009, 09:32:11 AM

Also because those Mexican drug cartels have to get all that ammo and weapons smuggled back across the border.  They have Mexican soldiers to kill and they needs lots of ammo.

The munitions industry pulled us out of the Great Depression.  Happy days are here again!
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Vince

Quote from: Valmy on April 16, 2009, 09:04:39 AM
Quote from: KRonn on April 16, 2009, 09:00:26 AM
What the Repubs and/or right wingers risk now is doing to Obama what was done to Bush with being overly vehement, finding fault with everything he does - that kind of stuff. That's happening somewhat and it's annoying. Just clouds the actual issues with nasty or uber partisanship.

You think?  That is exactly what it is.  I just get tired of the same garbage and then they act like they are the Sons of Liberty acting on principals...the only principal here is that they lost an election.  Talk about secession because of lost elections?  Hello?  This is from the fucking Governor of the State for godsake.

It really is quite amazing after the election how many Republicans really didn't support Bush for the last 8 years and were actually libertarians all along who despised his free spending ways.     ;)

Ed Anger

Quote from: Vince on April 16, 2009, 09:45:54 AM

It really is quite amazing after the election how many Republicans really didn't support Bush for the last 8 years and were actually libertarians all along who despised his free spending ways.     ;)

I'll go on the record. I voted for Bush twice. I lovingly voted for him, given the alternative. I loved the neo-isolationist sort of message in 2000( I was tiring of Johnny Euro back then), and the fuck the foreigners and bomb the hell out of brown peoples one in 2004.

I'll stand behind those votes until the end of time. USA! USA!
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Valmy

Quote from: Ed Anger on April 16, 2009, 09:49:35 AM
I'll go on the record. I voted for Bush twice. I lovingly voted for him, given the alternative. I loved the neo-isolationist sort of message in 2000( I was tiring of Johnny Euro back then), and the fuck the foreigners and bomb the hell out of brown peoples one in 2004.

Those are good reasons to vote for Bush.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Ed Anger

Quote from: Valmy on April 16, 2009, 09:53:15 AM

Those are good reasons to vote for Bush.

Captain, Scarcasm Torpedo in the water!

Captain Ed: FLANK SPEED! LEFT HARD RUDDER!

Valmy

Quote from: Ed Anger on April 16, 2009, 09:56:01 AM

Actually I was being serious :blush:

PDH

hehe, your rudder is hard.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Ed Anger

Quote from: Valmy on April 16, 2009, 09:57:30 AM
Quote from: Ed Anger on April 16, 2009, 09:56:01 AM

Actually I was being serious :blush:

:blush:

I was about to fire my Long Lance.

derspiess

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 16, 2009, 04:18:15 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on April 15, 2009, 05:33:36 PM
And spending increased dramatically under Reagan.
Military spending increased dramatically under Reagan, but is the same true for total spending?

Anyway, spending is only part of the equation.  You also have regulation & taxes.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Vince

I applaud your consistency in these flip-flopping times.  :thumbsup:

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Sheilbh

Quote from: KRonn on April 16, 2009, 08:41:20 AM
The stuff we've also been talking about for weeks. Aside from the kooks, those with the "Impeach Obama" posters or something, most of the people there are workers, taxpayers, regular folks; not right wing zealots. Glad to see the protests actually.
Most of the people at the anti-war protests were normal bourgeois folks: families with their kids, pensioners, vicars with 'make tea not war' signs.  That didn't stop them being tarred with the 'looney left' stuff.  And as I remember it the feeling about those protests on this forum was more or less contempt :mellow:

QuoteMilitary spending increased dramatically under Reagan, but is the same true for total spending?
You mean non-military spending?  I don't know.  The figures I've seen in different places vary pretty widely.  I think it depends what you mean by non-military spending.  I assume that's because Medicare and stuff like that don't count as discretionary?  But I'm not sure.
Let's bomb Russia!

crazy canuck

Quote from: KRonn on April 16, 2009, 08:47:35 AM
we finally have regular people protesting

Regular people in the US carry pro Fox News signs?  How did Obama get elected?