News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Siege Update

Started by Siege, April 28, 2011, 05:08:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

Quote from: crazy canuck on April 29, 2011, 03:55:28 PM
In the good old days you just needed to say "loose lips sink ships" and everyone would nod their head in agreement.

Siege doesn't understand naval metaphors.  :P
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Razgovory

JR is just looking out for his fellow Jew.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Caliga

QuoteObama will visit troops at Fort Campbell Friday
34 minutes ago

President Barack Obama will visit troops at Fort Campbell in Western Kentucky on Friday, according to White House officials. The president is slated to meet with members of the 101st Airborne Division, which has had brigades deployed in Afghanistan.
Give him my love, Siege. :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

HVC

Quote from: Caliga on May 04, 2011, 06:47:27 PM
34 minutes ago

President Barack Obama will visit troops at Fort Campbell in Western Kentucky on Friday, according to White House officials. The president is slated to meet with members of the 101st Airborne Division, which has had brigades deployed in Afghanistan.
Obama and seige in the smae vicinity? this could turn out to be a very bad news headline :sad: :P
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

alfred russel

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on April 29, 2011, 01:04:38 PM
Quote from: Alcibiades on April 29, 2011, 12:41:51 PM
It's a portable radio that can swap across over a hundred channels per second.  Apparently it's exceptionally hard to crack, and you generally change the algorithm/channels it goes across very often.

Frequency hopping can be cracked.  Police and security domestically use that kind of security for their radio transmissions and you can find $200 scanners that crack it.  No doubt the military version is much more capable but I doubt that breaking it is beyond the capacity of Chinese or Russian engineers.

The chinese or russians are going to employ engineers to crack the radio code of an infantry squad and cross link it with the call sign revealed by an NCO on an internet forum to what end?  :huh:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

alfred russel

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on April 29, 2011, 05:46:18 PM

Siege doesn't understand naval metaphors.  :P

Because they are metaphors?  :P
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Siege

34 minutes ago

Its gonna be tomorrow.
I don't know yet if attendance is volunteer or not.
I hope I can get away from this.
I don't like politicians.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Caliga

Quote from: Siege on May 05, 2011, 05:54:33 PM
Smart man. :showoff:

Wait, but of course you are: you live in the same state as Cal now. :cool:

Valmy

Quote from: Caliga on May 05, 2011, 06:01:30 PM
you live in the same state as Cal now. :cool:

Note that the only people on here to do this were ordered by the government.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Caliga

I wasn't ordered by the government. :blink:

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: alfred russel on May 04, 2011, 08:15:46 PM
The chinese or russians are going to employ engineers to crack the radio code of an infantry squad and cross link it with the call sign revealed by an NCO on an internet forum to what end?  :huh:

Track deployments and operations of key US units.
I would assume that major intel services routinely trawl the internet for potentially useful info.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Razgovory

Why?  They provide you neat weapons and people to shoot them at.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Valmy

Quote from: Caliga on May 05, 2011, 06:08:15 PM
I wasn't ordered by the government. :blink:

Well you have no choice to be in the same state as Cal
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Monoriu

34 minutes ago

Its gonna be tomorrow.
I don't know yet if attendance is volunteer or not.
I hope I can get away from this.

But he is your commander-in-chief :contract: