News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Tornados Ravage South; at least 280 dead

Started by jimmy olsen, April 27, 2011, 11:36:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

DGuller

It's 45 now.  I wonder if a high occupancy building was hit to bring such a high body count.  I know tornadoes are vicious, but I don't recall ever seeing a 45 dead figure for any of them.

JonasSalk

About 130 tornadoes, over 60 people dead. My house survived easily somehow.
Yuman

Lettow77

It's terrible stuff. My condolences are with the gulf states- Hopefully the dead will merit some federal money for the states, at the least.
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

JonasSalk

The areas affected are not along the Gulf Coast. Geography fail, Lettow.
Yuman

Martinus

Lettow77

Quote from: JonasSalk on April 28, 2011, 01:23:58 AM
The areas affected are not along the Gulf Coast. Geography fail, Lettow.

Did I say they were? Merely that it hit the gulf states, not the gulf coast, er..

It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

Caliga

Quote from: DGuller on April 27, 2011, 11:45:21 PM
It's 45 now.  I wonder if a high occupancy building was hit to bring such a high body count.  I know tornadoes are vicious, but I don't recall ever seeing a 45 dead figure for any of them.
There was a tornado in the 1930s (I think) that killed like 600 people.  Part of the reason is that it touched down in Missouri and stayed on the ground for many hundreds of miles, destroying everything in its path until it got to south central Indiana.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Caliga

Anyway, I think the Ohio is expected to crest today.  Downtown Louisville is = threatened with catastrophic damage.  This has been the wettest April in the history of the city. :wacko:

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Caliga on April 28, 2011, 04:16:59 AM
Quote from: DGuller on April 27, 2011, 11:45:21 PM
There was a tornado in the 1930s (I think) that killed like 600 people.  Part of the reason is that it touched down in Missouri and stayed on the ground for many hundreds of miles, destroying everything in its path until it got to south central Indiana.
It was also an F4 or 5 that was a mile wide IIRC.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Fireblade

Quote from: Martinus on April 28, 2011, 02:47:29 AM
Has anyone blamed gays yet?

God judged the SHIT out of Alabama because that state is absolutely overflowing with fags.

Caliga

More likely, given that it's Alabama, is that he judged the state because it is overflowing with teh blacks. :(

Ed Anger

Quote from: Caliga on April 28, 2011, 05:11:55 AM
Anyway, I think the Ohio is expected to crest today.  Downtown Louisville is = threatened with catastrophic damage.  This has been the wettest April in the history of the city. :wacko:

I'm sick of the wet.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Caliga

Martinus

Quote from: Fireblade on April 28, 2011, 05:31:36 AM
Quote from: Martinus on April 28, 2011, 02:47:29 AM
Has anyone blamed gays yet?

God judged the SHIT out of Alabama because that state is absolutely overflowing with fags.

That was my thinking too.