News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Who the hell is an immigrant?

Started by Slargos, April 27, 2011, 07:36:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slargos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vt-pJLp32pM

Unfortunately only for our scandie-speaking public.

A hilarious piece, highlighting the gross hypocrisy in the immigration debate.  :D

The Brain

Executive summary? I don't want to get Nazi recommendations from Youtube the next 6 months.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Razgovory

Quote from: The Brain on April 27, 2011, 08:49:22 AM
Executive summary? I don't want to get Nazi recommendations from Youtube the next 6 months.

Yeah, I clicked on Lettow's Youtube thing and now it gives me recommendations for Cosplay and other anime bullshit.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Ed Anger

Quote from: Razgovory on April 27, 2011, 08:59:00 AM

Yeah, I clicked on Lettow's Youtube thing and now it gives me recommendations for Cosplay and other anime bullshit.

Lettow'ed. :weep:
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Slargos

It ridicules the entire "Everyone who lives in Sweden is Swedish" by, in a humorous manner, playing clips where politicians, journalists and various "anti-racists" themselves betray these distinctions that do not exist in the way they speak.

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

The Brain

Quote from: Slargos on April 27, 2011, 09:01:04 AM

It ridicules the entire "Everyone who lives in Sweden is Swedish" by, in a humorous manner, playing clips where politicians, journalists and various "anti-racists" themselves betray these distinctions that do not exist in the way they speak.

I thought the official line was "everyone who lives in Sweden is an immigrant"?

Slargos

Quote from: The Brain on April 27, 2011, 09:04:12 AM
Quote from: Slargos on April 27, 2011, 09:01:04 AM

I thought the official line was "everyone who lives in Sweden is an immigrant"?

I don't think the official line has ever been very consistent.

But regardless, it plays on that as well.

The Brain

Still don't have the balls to click it anyway, so it's a moot point.

Slargos

Quote from: The Brain on April 27, 2011, 09:07:21 AM
Still don't have the balls to click it anyway, so it's a moot point.

:lol:

I assure you, it's harmless. Yes, there are Swastikas in it, but they're used for comedic effect. Regardless, I didn't get any recommendations to nazi vids though I did get this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5P9BZvXmLE

Which is apparently some sort of Arab polka with guns. IDK.  :hmm:

Razgovory

It just seems odd that a people who a few generations ago flocked to my country to escape the poverty and famine that result in their incompetent self rule would be bothered by immigrants coming to their country for the same reason.  If anything, the Muslim would likely run it better.  After all, they managed to keep an empire for longer then the Swedes did.

Pat

Quote from: Razgovory on April 27, 2011, 09:17:34 AM
It just seems odd that a people who a few generations ago flocked to my country to escape the poverty and famine that result in their incompetent self rule would be bothered by immigrants coming to their country for the same reason.  If anything, the Muslim would likely run it better.  After all, they managed to keep an empire for longer then the Swedes did.

:facepalm:

History understanding fail, read some Malthus (not the poster).

Anyway I thought it was pretty good, though of course it knocks down open doors.

Slargos

Quote from: Pat on April 27, 2011, 09:19:55 AM

Anyway I thought it was pretty good, though of course it knocks down open doors.

In that the vast majority of the people who will view it already understand the message? Yes.

I thought it was delivered in a very clever fashion, however, and largely unassailable by the usual criticism.

Razgovory

Quote from: Pat on April 27, 2011, 09:19:55 AM

I think the poster Malthus is more enlightening to then the theorist who's catastrophe never managed to occur.