News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Don't say gay!

Started by viper37, April 26, 2011, 09:59:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

viper37

QuoteTennessee Considers Banning Teaching Homosexuality in Elementary Schools

Public school teachers in Tennessee could  lose their tenure or their jobs for discussing homosexuality with their  students under a new bill.
The state Senate will soon vote on a bill,  known as "Don't Say Gay," that would prohibit educators from "the  teaching or furnishing of materials on human sexuality other than  heterosexuality in public school grades K-8."
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Lettow77

It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

Valmy

So it is ok by grade 9 eh?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Faeelin

The state's also passing a law which bans municipalities from banning discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation. I feel wuved.

Valmy

Quote from: Faeelin on April 26, 2011, 11:44:23 PM
The state's also passing a law which bans municipalities from banning discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation. I feel wuved.

The vile pettyness of these people really knows no limits.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

garbon

I feel wuved.

I can't say that I give a shit what laws Tennessee passes.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Barrister

Good grief.  Even the story from the OP can somewhat, somehow be justified - but that is pure unadulterated hate.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Lettow77

While officially I must support this measure as embodying the will of the Southern masses and being consistent with the South's proud tradition of provincial intolerance and reactionary tendencies, I must say on a personal note I completely disagree with my great and glorious state's persecution of homosexuals.

I am sure it's mostly East Tennessee's fault, the rotting hillbillies.
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

Martinus

It's funny, considering that the only association I have when thinking of Tennessee is that it is the first name of one of the most famous gay authors who ever lived.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Lettow77 on April 27, 2011, 12:18:39 AM

I am sure it's mostly East Tennessee's fault, the rotting hillbillies.

Somebody still has some butthurt because they didn't support his precious confederacy.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Valmy

Quote from: Martinus on April 27, 2011, 12:25:28 AM
It's funny, considering that the only association I have when thinking of Tennessee is that it is the first name of one of the most famous gay authors who ever lived.

There is a huge exhibition on Tennessee Williams at UT Austin right now for his 100th birthday.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Valmy on April 27, 2011, 07:52:48 AM

There is a huge exhibition on Tennessee Williams at UT Austin right now for his 100th birthday.

Those smarmy elitists at Gawker.com have outdone themselves in an article belittling a bill just passed by the Texas state legislature. It seems that Texans, through their elected representatives, have decided that any state-funded university that has a student center promoting alternative sexual lifestyles must also have a center devoted to promote "traditional values." That would seem pretty even-handed to most observers.

But not to the sneering leftists at Gawker! To Hamilton Nolan and the editorial staff there, the passage of this bill is an outrage to their delicate sensibilities. Mr. Nolan's parenthetical description of what might constitute traditional values in Texas: (beer, barbecue, date-rape,(and) cow-f***ing) is as insensitive and bigoted as one could imagine from the dark underbelly of our media elite.

Why is it anymore absurd to establish a student center for traditional American values than it is to have publicly funded centers for lifestyles most Americans consider to be immoral? Especially with reports indicating that homosexuals really only constitute somewhere between 2 and 3% of the American population.

We should be giving thanks to the Texas legislature for helping to lead academia back toward American mainstream values.

There ya go.  :P
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Razgovory

Then you have absolutely no association with Tennessee.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Alcibiades

Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain