MadImmortalMan

"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Razgovory

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on April 26, 2011, 11:34:06 AM
Quote from: Slargos on April 26, 2011, 10:33:44 AM
Quote from: Alcibiades on April 26, 2011, 10:27:17 AM
My only regret is we didn't pacify Somalia so there could be more emigration to Sweden.  :(

Won't be necessary. It's one of our quickest growing minority groups. They breed like rabbits and family reunion bull shit will swamp us within a decade or two.

Then Sweden can finally return to its ancient traditions of piracy and raiding.

Also, starving.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Slargos

Quote from: Razgovory on April 26, 2011, 02:02:40 PM
Quote from: The Minsky Moment on April 26, 2011, 11:34:06 AM
Quote from: Slargos on April 26, 2011, 10:33:44 AM
Quote from: Alcibiades on April 26, 2011, 10:27:17 AM
My only regret is we didn't pacify Somalia so there could be more emigration to Sweden.  :(

Won't be necessary. It's one of our quickest growing minority groups. They breed like rabbits and family reunion bull shit will swamp us within a decade or two.

Then Sweden can finally return to its ancient traditions of piracy and raiding.

Also, starving.

We're partly there. Rationing in health care is just a skip and a leap away from bread lines. You won't have to wait long.

Razgovory

Is that why all those hungry Swedes came and settled the upper Midwest?  Healthcare drove them out?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Slargos

Quote from: Razgovory on April 26, 2011, 02:13:45 PM
Is that why all those hungry Swedes came and settled the upper Midwest?  Healthcare drove them out?

Affirmative.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: grumbler on April 26, 2011, 08:32:52 AM
There was a huge British FF incident in the desert, with hundreds of British soldiers killed.  I believe this was the worst FF case of its kind (exceeding even the three Canadians killed by two American jets in Afghanistan).

Other than this, my thread designed to specifically troll Britards has failed to deliver nothing except the usual Scandiweenian bullshit.  FOCUS PEOPLE

Slargos

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 26, 2011, 10:19:49 PM
There was a huge British FF incident in the desert, with hundreds of British soldiers killed.  I believe this was the worst FF case of its kind (exceeding even the three Canadians killed by two American jets in Afghanistan).

Other than this, my thread designed to specifically troll Britards has failed to deliver nothing except the usual Scandiweenian bullshit.  FOCUS PEOPLE

http://www.norway.org/ARCHIVE/News/archive/1999/199904battlefields/

The Scandinavian troops during the ACW were considered dumbasses because they had a reputation for not breaking and fleeing.

As stated by one veteran, "We never took the chance to run when the others broke. We always thought we could hold on a little longer, and a little longer, until it was too late to retreat."

Point is, you mess with one of us, you mess with all of us.  :hmm:

Martinus

Quote from: Brazen on April 26, 2011, 04:09:36 AM
I'm all for the US using more automated drones.
They already do. They are called "soldiers".

Now, the question is whether they should use more intelligent automated drones, like the ones the article is about or stay with the cheaper, less intelligent analog "meat and bones" versions.

Martinus

Quote from: Ideologue on April 26, 2011, 08:47:41 AM
Quote from: Slargos on April 26, 2011, 08:44:58 AM
I cried when they invaded Serbia.

Man, I remember that.  It was so great.  The wailing and gnashing of teeth as Belgrade wintered without heat or water.

I agree. One of the best interventions in my life. Take that slobodans.

Slargos

Quote from: Martinus on April 27, 2011, 12:33:10 AM

Now, the question is whether they should use more intelligent automated drones, like the ones the article is about or stay with the cheaper, less intelligent analog "meat and bones" versions.

To elaborate for the Americans [most of whom will miss the subtle nouances]: You're calling them stupid, right?

Martinus

I think the problem is that the Brits we have active on Languish are usually quite a calm and reasonable bunch, so not easily trolled.

Martinus

Quote from: Slargos on April 27, 2011, 12:38:11 AM
Quote from: Martinus on April 27, 2011, 12:33:10 AM

To elaborate for the Americans [most of whom will miss the subtle nouances]: You're calling them stupid, right?

Only the tards who end up in the military. Speaking of which, I listen to a comedy radio show based in Chicago (not a gay one), and their view of American soldiers (retards who can't get a decent job) is the same as mine, so it can't be a "cultural divide". There are many Americans who rightly think that people who go into the military (discounting intelligence corps and the like) are largely human trash - which gives me hope.

Brazen

I tried :(