What from your childhood would be UNTHINKABLE today?

Started by Malthus, April 15, 2009, 09:05:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil

Quote from: Ed Anger on April 21, 2009, 08:21:02 AM
I was reading her blog, since Fark linked to it, and she isn't washing her hair for a month.

Ewwww.
Why?  Crazy bitch hates Star Wars and hates hygiene.  I advise the husband to run.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Malthus

Quote from: Ed Anger on April 21, 2009, 08:07:52 AM
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/sfmoms/detail?entry_id=38467

QuoteOne bar scene features "space" drinking, smoking, and shady characters, resulting in the loss of one character's limb and the shooting death of another. Two supporting characters are killed fairly early on and shown as ash-like figures; a main character dies later. There are plenty of laser blasts and swordplay with lightsabers, although this entry is the tamest of the series.

har.

Where the fuck do you find this stuff? Are you a regular reader of the Mommy Files:lol:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Ed Anger

Quote from: Malthus on April 21, 2009, 08:27:07 AM

QuoteOne bar scene features "space" drinking, smoking, and shady characters, resulting in the loss of one character's limb and the shooting death of another. Two supporting characters are killed fairly early on and shown as ash-like figures; a main character dies later. There are plenty of laser blasts and swordplay with lightsabers, although this entry is the tamest of the series.

har.

Where the fuck do you find this stuff? Are you a regular reader of the Mommy Files:lol:

Fark.com. For all your insane news needs.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Neil

Quote from: Grey Fox on April 21, 2009, 08:25:05 AM
She's going to turn her hair into dredz?
I remember when I was about 16 or so that it became en vogue for girls to get lots of tiny braids in their hair, for about 6 months.  Some girls that had been hot became not in a hurry.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Malthus

Quote from: Ed Anger on April 21, 2009, 08:28:00 AM

Heh, but then I have the good folks at Languish select the best of the best for our reading pleasure.  :D

Anyway, on topic - I'll admit it is a bit difficult to decide what is right for the kid to watch, but so far, our kid does a pretty good job of choosing for himself - his latest obsession is the Tintin series.

I only hope that when he grows into a teenager he doesn't decide to go and live with a drunken middle-aged sea captain.  :lol:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Ed Anger

Quote from: Malthus on April 21, 2009, 08:34:40 AM
Quote from: Ed Anger on April 21, 2009, 08:28:00 AM

Heh, but then I have the good folks at Languish select the best of the best for our reading pleasure.  :D

Anyway, on topic - I'll admit it is a bit difficult to decide what is right for the kid to watch, but so far, our kid does a pretty good job of choosing for himself - his latest obsession is the Tintin series.

I only hope that when he grows into a teenager he doesn't decide to go and live with a drunken middle-aged sea captain.  :lol:

I'm going with a mix of Nick Jr. (Blues Clues, etc.) and Loony Toons.

None of that multicultural crap on Disney though. They got one teaching kids Chinese phrases. OVER MY DEAD BODY THEY WILL.  :mad:
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

DisturbedPervert

har.

SPACE DRINKING!?!?

Siege

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Siege

Dude, an M4 without rails for mounting peripherals (picatilly rails), without an ACOG (Advanced Combat Optic Gunsight), Tac-light, Peq-2 infrared targeting laser, forward pistol grip, and detachable bipod, seems soooo primitive to me these days....

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

charliebear

Quote from: Ed Anger on April 20, 2009, 07:21:04 PM
Quote from: Jacob on April 20, 2009, 07:19:29 PM
So what's the verdict?  Who's the hoser?  CC or Berkut?

Charliebear for not fixing me a sandwich.

I did get a sandwhich press for Christmas which makes awesome sandwhiches.  It'll take a while to heat up though.  Just let me plug it in, and I'll get back to you.

charliebear

Back on topic...

We didn't have plastic guards on the chains of swings when I was a kid.  We held right on to the chain links while on a swing.  Many is the time where I had my finger pinched while jumping off.  Always the middle finger, right in the middle on the underside.

Kids today are too soft.  We're protecting them too much.

Eochaid

Quote from: Siege on April 21, 2009, 10:08:35 PM
Dude, an M4 without rails for mounting peripherals (picatilly rails), without an ACOG (Advanced Combat Optic Gunsight), Tac-light, Peq-2 infrared targeting laser, forward pistol grip, and detachable bipod, seems soooo primitive to me these days....

That's the difference between you and him.

He is a delicate man with a primitive tool.

You are a primitive tool... with a delicate tool :p

Kevin
It's been a while

Neil

Quote from: charliebear on April 23, 2009, 09:34:41 AM
We didn't have plastic guards on the chains of swings when I was a kid.  We held right on to the chain links while on a swing.  Many is the time where I had my finger pinched while jumping off.  Always the middle finger, right in the middle on the underside.
How did you manage to do that?  We had naked chains, and I never pinched myself.

Maybe Detroit bought special Child-Pincher chains, in order to make their children crazy and mistrustful, and start Detroit down the path to self-destruction.