News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The power of genetic diversity

Started by Slargos, April 25, 2011, 03:32:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil

What are you talking about?  Grumbler told me that there's no genetic component to race.  Who do you trust to know what they're talking about?  The doctors, or grumbler?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Slargos

Quote from: Neil on April 25, 2011, 08:34:57 AM
What are you talking about?  Grumbler told me that there's no genetic component to race.  Who do you trust to know what they're talking about?  The doctors, or grumbler?

grumbler..  :cry:

DGuller

Maybe there is a social construct component to being a donor? :unsure:

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Maximus

Quote from: DGuller on April 25, 2011, 10:26:13 AM
Or maybe a website called mixedandhappy.com is not the medical authority it's cracked up to be? :lol:

Neil

Quote from: Maximus on April 25, 2011, 01:40:41 PM
Or maybe a website called mixedandhappy.com is not the medical authority it's cracked up to be? :lol:
I know that I trust some random website more than I trust grumbler's musings on genetics.  Unless that website is 4chan.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Slargos

Quote from: Maximus on April 25, 2011, 01:40:41 PM

So you're arguing a website dedicated to race treason would overplay the negative side effects of producing mongrels?  :hmm:

Maximus

Quote from: Slargos on April 25, 2011, 02:17:29 PM

So you're arguing a website dedicated to race treason would overplay the negative side effects of producing mongrels?  :hmm:

A website dedicated to race treason clearly buys into the concept of races.

DGuller

Quote from: Neil on April 25, 2011, 01:45:12 PM
I know that I trust some random website more than I trust grumbler's musings on genetics.  Unless that website is 4chan.
To be fair, there were no races when grumbler was growing up.  Everyone was still living in Africa.

Tamas

The Minsky Moment

Here is the byline of the "doctor':

QuoteKaren DeGroot Carter, a native of Syracuse NY and a graduate of Syracuse University, lives with her mixed-race family in Denver. Her novel, ONE SISTER'S SONG, explores challenges faced by people of mixed-race heritage and her blog, BEYOND Understanding, highlights resources that promote tolerance and celebrate diversity. 

I choose: grumbler.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Eddie Teach

Quote from: DGuller on April 26, 2011, 08:22:25 AM
Quote from: Neil on April 25, 2011, 01:45:12 PM
To be fair, there were no races when grumbler was growing up.  Everyone was still living in Africa.

I always thought he first appeared in Pangaea myself.  :hmm:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Neil

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on April 26, 2011, 09:03:41 AM

Here is the byline of the "doctor':

QuoteKaren DeGroot Carter, a native of Syracuse NY and a graduate of Syracuse University, lives with her mixed-race family in Denver. Her novel, ONE SISTER'S SONG, explores challenges faced by people of mixed-race heritage and her blog, BEYOND Understanding, highlights resources that promote tolerance and celebrate diversity. 

I choose: grumbler.
Those credentials are pretty damning, especially the insipid name of the blog.  That said, grumbler is still wrong.