News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Mac or PC? And what does it say about you?

Started by merithyn, April 24, 2011, 10:15:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Are you a Mac person or a PC person?

Mac
PC
Neither, I still use a can on a string to communicate.

merithyn

Infographic on what it means

QuoteIn an infographic that's bound to cause arguments and perhaps fistfights, researchers at Hunch placed data from about 700,000 of its website visitors onto a deep illustration that shows just how different users of Macs and PCs are.

They came up with interesting correlations between users' chosen computing platforms and their demographics and personalities, as well as tastes in food, fashion and media.

Did it sort out like a comparison between Tea Party members and liberals? Are PC users geeks and Mac users hipsters, in keeping with common stereotypes? Almost. Mac users are more educated, eat more hummus, prefer modern art over impressionist art, and are 21% more likely than PC users to say that two random people are more alike than different.

Dive into the infographic below (feel free to click the graphic for an enlargement), full of insights and data, drawn from a huge sample. Of course, there are exceptions to every trend. Please let us know in the comments if you think its data is accurate or not.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Eddie Teach

PC. It says I'm not a pleats wearing hipster.  :P
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

merithyn

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on April 24, 2011, 10:38:35 AM
PC. It says I'm not a pleats wearing hipster.  :P

Don't forget a hummus eating liberal.

HisMajestyBOB

Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Slargos

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Zeus

PC is better in every way. Yes, even that way.
To be cunning and vicious is a fairly obvious shortcut to total victory.

merithyn

Quote from: Razgovory on April 24, 2011, 10:43:11 AM
Hooray!  It's non-scientific!

Quote from: garbon on April 24, 2011, 10:44:46 AM
Not really sure what to do with that.

I thought it was beyond ridiculous (22% more than what?), but figured it was worth sharing nonetheless. YMMV

LaCroix

Quote from: Zeus on April 24, 2011, 11:46:46 AMPC is better in every way. Yes, even that way.

:yes: so much so that its complexity proves the existence of a higher being

Duque de Bragança

Norgy

My personal choice is a desktop PC. As for laptops, I'd just as well go for a Mac with Windows 7. I simply don't like OS X. I can, however, see why people choose Apple. It's simple, relatively decent hardware and does what it says on the tin.

The PCs main strength is also its biggest weakness; the multitude of hardware configurations possible makes it nigh-on impossible to make drivers, software and even the OS run completely as expected. I like the PC because I can build a system based on what I want it to do, not what Steve Jobs expects me to do.

Slargos

Quote from: Norgy on April 24, 2011, 12:27:40 PM
My personal choice is a desktop PC. As for laptops, I'd just as well go for a Mac with Windows 7. I simply don't like OS X. I can, however, see why people choose Apple. It's simple, relatively decent hardware and does what it says on the tin.

The PCs main strength is also its biggest weakness; the multitude of hardware configurations possible makes it nigh-on impossible to make drivers, software and even the OS run completely as expected. I like the PC because I can build a system based on what I want it to do, not what Steve Jobs expects me to do.

So now you're telling me that it is infact up to the individual to determine what's best for them.

Do you know better than Steve Jobs?  :rolleyes:

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Slargos on April 24, 2011, 01:01:11 PM
So now you're telling me that it is infact up to the individual to determine what's best for them.

They can have the Model T in any color, so long as it's black.  :)
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

citizen k

Quote from: Slargos on April 24, 2011, 01:01:11 PM
So now you're telling me that it is in fact up to the individual to determine what's best for them.

Is Norgy turning into a libertarian?