News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What sort of Grill Should I Get

Started by Savonarola, April 22, 2011, 01:30:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Savonarola

I'm in the market for a new grill; and I thought I'd ask here for recommendations.  I'm looking for a charcoal model, I regularly cook for 3-4 people and I already have a smoker and a portable grill so I don't need anything which is also a smoker or is portable.  Up until now I've always used cheap grills so I'm not sure what the advantages are to the bells and whistles that are offered on some of the higher end grills.   Any ideas?
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Slargos

Savonarola

In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

DGuller

What's wrong with George Foreman grill? :unsure:

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

HisMajestyBOB

Dig a pit, outline it with stone, get a metal grill and place it on top. Done .
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Ed Anger

citizen k

Ed Anger

MadImmortalMan

How adventurous are you and do you plan to move any time soon? I got a Fire Magic stainless drop-in cooktop and built a brick base on my patio to put it on. It's great. You could probably do a great job at something like that with your engineering mind. If you're moving in six months it might not be a great idea. I spent about $200 on bricks.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

C.C.R.

Quote from: Savonarola on April 22, 2011, 01:30:13 PM
I'm in the market for a new grill; and I thought I'd ask here for recommendations.  I'm looking for a charcoal model, I regularly cook for 3-4 people and I already have a smoker and a portable grill so I don't need anything which is also a smoker or is portable.  Up until now I've always used cheap grills so I'm not sure what the advantages are to the bells and whistles that are offered on some of the higher end grills.   Any ideas?

Get a Weber.  Beat the ever-living shit out of it & it'll last ten years.  Take care of it & it'll last twenty...

MadBurgerMaker

55 gallon drum grills are awesome.

Scipio

I have the Webber kettle that my mom gave my dad for a first anniversary present.  34 years later, still kicking ass.  But dying slowly, for sure.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Norgy

Barrister

Charcoal?  Do you live in a cave or something?

Us more advanced people cook over propane or natural gas. :alberta:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.