News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The NEW New Boardgames Thread

Started by CountDeMoney, April 21, 2011, 09:14:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Delirium

I am ashamed to say I actually enjoyed Axis & Allies: 1914.  :blush:
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

Habbaku

Quote from: Delirium on June 29, 2015, 01:09:58 PM
Quote from: Habbaku on May 08, 2015, 03:42:36 PM
Mark Simonitch posted that he has finished his side of his new strategic ACW game.  Let's hope it doesn't suck.  Map is pretty good, as expected:

Promising indeed. Also looking forward to the remake of another old VG game: Pacific War.

Yeah, I've kept my eye on that one as well.  Here's hoping.

QuoteI am ashamed to say I actually enjoyed Axis & Allies: 1914.

http://shamenun.com/
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

The Brain

I was in my FLGS and I saw that there is a game called Steam Torpedo. I didn't dare look at the box art. :x :x :x
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

11B4V

QuoteToday I have started on the detailed planning for Death Ride Kursk - III Panzer Korps. That's the last 3 games in the 9 game series. For those that haven't yet heard the plan is to play the updated XLVIII games at CSW Expo 2016. The following year, 2017, maybe III PzK if they can be complete enough. Then in 2018 I hope to have all 9 games at CSW Expo, being played together. We'll need a lot of Division and Army commanders. So start your planning and be prepared to leap into something quite unique. This years players included an active duty Colonel and he had an amazing time. He went through his planning just like he was in a Command Post. This is a very ambitious undertaking to say the least. But with a little help I feel it is doable.

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Berkut

I've done the CB gamebox for Mark Simonitch's new Civil War Game. I think it came out very well. Couple screenshots from the 1863 scenario setup.

Vicksburg

"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Berkut

0 rows returned

Berkut

OK, replaced Dropbox links with Photobucket (thanks Habs).

This is the first time Dropbox has failed me. I am saddened.

0 rows returned

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

celedhring

Valmy

I am just relieved there are no images of the Confederate Flag there to offend me. :thumbsup:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Berkut

The CSA control marker is the battle flag. Prepare to be offended.

0 rows returned

Valmy

Quote from: Berkut on July 13, 2015, 09:25:35 AM
The CSA control marker is the battle flag. Prepare to be offended.

:weep:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Ed Anger

all the other rebel leaders are trying to stay away from the Bragg counter.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Habbaku

http://www.aresgames.eu/14864

Anniversary Edition of War of the Ring, 2nd edition coming out next year.  Pre-orders start on the 20th of this month.  Seems like an easy way to make some money when it inevitably sells out and goes for $1000 on ebay.  :yeah:
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

The Brain

If you didn't play the Call of Cthulhu campaign Horror on the Orient Express back in the day it is now in print again. It is an awesome campaign.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.