News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The NEW New Boardgames Thread

Started by CountDeMoney, April 21, 2011, 09:14:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Minsky Moment

Thanks sounds good.
Hate to pay full retail from GMT though.  Goes against the upbringing and all.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

CountDeMoney

Another game on the War for Spicession from a strategic angle is No Peace Without Spain from Compass--

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/23995/no-peace-without-spain

Syt

Well, the Conan Kickstarter is over.

They asked for $80,000.-

They got $3,327,757.-

The final King's Pledge ($135.-) loot:

(+ a Warlock, and an iOS/Android app for rules, scenarios, and easier maintenance).

One of the stretch goals was a collector's edition box large enough to store all the stuff. :lol:

Again, it's an entry level game with a strong theme, so it'll be fun to play this with friends. And there's a plethora of additional (optional) content to be had as well, giving this some longevity.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Ed Anger

I got that Napoleonic game from Clash of Arms.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

CountDeMoney

Fuck off, dirty ass antisemitic European fuckstick.

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Habbaku

Quote from: The Brain on February 11, 2015, 05:00:33 PM
Oh my God who the hell cares!

Dropping the schtick once in a while is fine, you know.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

The Brain

Quote from: Habbaku on February 11, 2015, 06:04:32 PM
Quote from: The Brain on February 11, 2015, 05:00:33 PM
Oh my God who the hell cares!

Dropping the schtick once in a while is fine, you know.

Can't stay #2 on old merits.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

CountDeMoney

Quote from: 11B4V on February 11, 2015, 05:30:00 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on February 11, 2015, 04:57:09 PM
I got that Napoleonic game from Clash of Arms.

Which did you get?

Legion of Honor.  Was probably peer pressured into it.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

I will be dogsitting all weekend for a friend of my sister's, which means no PC or PS3, so I think I'll give the solo game a shot.

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 11, 2015, 12:52:45 PM
Another game on the War for Spicession from a strategic angle is No Peace Without Spain from Compass--

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/23995/no-peace-without-spain

Huh - that one looks good.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

CountDeMoney

I can't speak to that particular title--Habbaku may have it--but it seems to have a happy following over at BGG (Dave Dockter, Mr. Triumph of Chaos himself, wrote a glowing review), and Compass does make decent stuff, production-wise.