And we're back!

Main Menu

The NEW New Boardgames Thread

Started by CountDeMoney, April 21, 2011, 09:14:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Habbaku

I imagine there would be something darkly amusing about banging another player's wife...

His Legion of Honor wife, that is.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Syt

There's a kickstarter for a Conan boardgame from Monolith:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/806316071/conan

QuoteConan is a miniature-based board game that pits one player, the overlord, who controls hordes of savage tribesmen, no-good lowlifes and undead minions against 1 to 4 players who incarnate the legendary Conan and his fellow adventurers. The gameplay is asymetric, as the overlord possesses a large selection of models and objectives which are his own, whereas the brave heroes are played from a first person perspective, much like in a role playing game. An adventure can be played out in 1 hour on one of the beautiful game boards (depicting iconic locations of Howard's immersive Hyborian world) as you pit your wits, daring and tactical acumen against your opponent

74 Highly detailed, 32mm, plastic models
1 Book of Skelos (Plastic overlord dashboard)
25 coloured base sleeves
9 engraved, six sided dice (3 Yellow, 3 Orange, 3 Red)
60 Plastic energy gems
4 Hero character sheets
1 Turn counter sheet
43 Creature tiles
55 spell and equipment cards (1.65x2.48in / 42x63mm)
2 double sided game boards 24x28in / 60x70cm (4 maps: Pictish village, Pirate ship, Inn, Fortress)
Over 80 tokens (doors, chests, villagers, effects...)
1 rule book (includes: 8 scenarios)

It's designed by Frederic Henry with art by Adrian Smith.

They were asking for $80,000. They're at almost $1,050,000. With 19 days to go. :lol:

They actually have seem to be having trouble adding more stretch goals (more miniatures! more characters! more everthing!).

I think I will pledge as well, because this looks beautiful, and also: Conan!
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

Also, you don't get often characters like these in games anymore:

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Tamas

Quote from: The Brain on January 16, 2015, 09:55:06 AM
Quote from: Tamas on January 16, 2015, 09:31:53 AM
never mind, I have bought this instead:

http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/146652/legendary-encounters-alien-deck-building-game

No way! I own that one. Haven't played it.

You will need a lot of time sleeving and sorting the 600 cards before you try it, mind.

11B4V

No do this again languish. Over the course of the outage I bought;

Nappy at Leipzig 5th ed

Picketts charge (Yaquinto)

Wacht am Rhein

The Battle of Gettysburg (Holte)

Radey's Korsun Pocket

DR: Das Riech w/ II SS enhancement.

I couldnt help myself  :cry:
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

CountDeMoney

The Brain

Quote from: Tamas on January 23, 2015, 05:28:21 AM
Quote from: The Brain on January 16, 2015, 09:55:06 AM
Quote from: Tamas on January 16, 2015, 09:31:53 AM
never mind, I have bought this instead:

http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/146652/legendary-encounters-alien-deck-building-game

No way! I own that one. Haven't played it.

You will need a lot of time sleeving and sorting the 600 cards before you try it, mind.

I already sleeved them, but I hear setup time can be a bitch.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

dps

We need to stage an intervention for 11B.  Obviously he has a problem.

Of course, we'll have to take away his games, but it's for his own good and strictly therapeutic.

I call divs on Wacht am Rhein.

CountDeMoney

Some of those old titles from back in the day are still some of the best games and rules systems; they're just not very flashy or, in some instances, even pretty, because they were designed to work--at least before the RANDian Whiz Kid types at SPI started to get real traction in the hobby. 

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 27, 2015, 12:30:31 PM
:lol: Sick bastard.

You know what's really sick. Most of the KP counters are already clipped.  :P
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

11B4V

What have you all heard about the Huzzah! Series ?

CountDeMoney

Too new to really know anything about it.  Although you'd think "grand tactical" ACW stuff would start to bleed into the miniatures rules realm.

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 31, 2015, 09:08:08 PM
Too new to really know anything about it.  Although you'd think "grand tactical" ACW stuff would start to bleed into the miniatures rules realm.

We'll find out. Should be here in a few days.  :P

CountDeMoney