News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The NEW New Boardgames Thread

Started by CountDeMoney, April 21, 2011, 09:14:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frunk

I played East Front years ago, and I remember offensive operations as being possible but tricky.  Can't give any advice on West Front.

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 30, 2014, 11:20:14 AM
Quote from: 11B4V on December 28, 2014, 06:21:20 PM
:showoff: Landed two more of the Winter Storm series (Prelude to Disaster and Edelweiss). Already had The Last Victory. Only one left is the first one Winter Storm.

Do they smell like 1980?  :D

Dont they all... :P I love the counter art of the series.

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

The Brain

I got The Western Front by SPW. No SS counters. :(
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

11B4V

Quote from: The Brain on December 30, 2014, 05:13:07 PM

I have not invested any time in that series. Looks smashing though.

On another topic. I have always hated printed movement points on counters. Wasted space IMO.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Ed Anger

Quote from: 11B4V on December 30, 2014, 05:31:19 PM

On another topic. I have always hated printed movement points on counters. Wasted space IMO.

That is Hersey at CSW. You'd get a lecture from several wargame Aspies

BUT JIM DUNNIGAN HAD MOVEMENT FACTORS!
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

11B4V

Quote from: Ed Anger on December 30, 2014, 05:47:00 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on December 30, 2014, 05:31:19 PM

That is Hersey at CSW. You'd get a lecture from several wargame Aspies

BUT JIM DUNNIGAN HAD MOVEMENT FACTORS!
No shit  :lol:

RIGHT, WOTS ALL THIS THEN

Ed Anger

Habbaku

Playing Legion of Honor this coming Saturday.  :frog:
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Habbaku on December 30, 2014, 08:18:45 PM
Playing Legion of Honor this coming Saturday.  :frog:

Solo?  Using Mistress rules? Is Berkut your sworn enemy?

Habbaku

Multiplayer, looking like 5 players at this point.  Not using the Mistress stuff--just doing the short (3 hour), Republic scenario to get everyone's feet wet.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

11B4V

Quote from: Ed Anger on December 30, 2014, 08:15:50 PM
BUT BUT BUT....ASL

A game where a counter moves every 45 minutes.  :P The Air War of tactical ground games.

celedhring

Been playing Imperial Assault these holidays. It's easily my favorite implementation of the Descent engine yet. It streamlines and changes up a few things, resulting in more agile and reactive gameplay. The out-of-the-box campaign isn't the most creative they have put out, but the game is really fun to play if you like the Descent games. Plus it's STAR WARS.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: 11B4V on December 31, 2014, 02:55:17 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on December 30, 2014, 08:15:50 PM
BUT BUT BUT....ASL

A game where a counter moves every 45 minutes.  :P The Air War of tactical ground games.

At least you get plenty of reading done between moves.  :lol:

I was doing some proofreading for MMP's online living rules project for the first few sections, but I had to stop.  It was melting my brain.  Gack.

11B4V

Man, MMP is kicking the VCS into overdrive. Salerno made the cut and two others are rolling along. Based on the old Victory in the West system going all the way back to Balkoski's SPI monster, Operation Typhoon. Last installment of this system was The Killing Ground and Iron Tide.

Kharkov '42

Rzhev: Operation Mars, Nov-Dec 1942

Ed Anger

Needs more white on black counters