News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The NEW New Boardgames Thread

Started by CountDeMoney, April 21, 2011, 09:14:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Anyway, grumbler, I highly recommend this for you;  it's solitaire and right up your Napoleonic Era alley.  I think you would dig it.

Syt

Quote from: celedhring on December 12, 2014, 07:45:44 AM
I haven't played Last Night on Earth, I understand it's considered the best one they put out. I have played Touch of Evil, Invasion of Planet Earth and Shadows of Brimstone, and I haven't fallen in love with any.

Its main advantage is that it's fast paced, with simple rules, and cards designed to break/alter the rules. It can lead to some hilarious situations, like the one time two player characters (sheriff and nurse) were holed up in the police station, alternating between shooting at zombies and having sex (the latter being a card that the zombie players can play to make a male/female couple in one spot lose a turn). When they finally got out, they got attacked by the sheriff's son-turned-super-zombie. The sheriff died, while the nurse was saved by the priest who had picked up a chainsaw.

They almost made it to the escape car, but dropped the keys when attacked by zombies. The priest tried to make it back, but they were both overwhelmed by the horde in the end.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Habbaku

Watching the mail trucks drive by is harder each day.  No Legion of Honor, no The Case of the Catalans.   :(
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Habbaku on December 17, 2014, 03:12:40 PM
Watching the mail trucks drive by is harder each day.  No Legion of Honor, no The Case of the Catalans.   :(

:console:

LOL, wait until you read the optional rules on mistresses.  :console:

celedhring

What online stores do you people use? I'm looking for some stuff that will never be stocked in these shores, and I want to check if shipping costs from the US aren't too insane.

CountDeMoney

If I'm not ordering from the manufacturer directly, I use www.coolstuffinc.com and www.trollandtoad.com.  Canada has www.sentrybox.com that ships internationally.

And of course, you have several Americans that would be more than happy to help you out with end runs on shipping if necessary.  :spiritofinternationalbrotherhood:

celedhring

Thanks a lot, I will be checking those.

Habbaku

They delivered really late today.   :)

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

CountDeMoney

Ed Anger

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 17, 2014, 03:20:56 PM
Quote from: Habbaku on December 17, 2014, 03:12:40 PM

:console:

I shall obtain a copy.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

celedhring

The Case of the Catalans is a fine game, wasn't aware it got airplay outside our turf.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on December 17, 2014, 06:37:06 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 17, 2014, 03:20:56 PM

I shall obtain a copy.

You already won that phase.

Habbaku

Quote from: celedhring on December 17, 2014, 06:41:29 PM
The Case of the Catalans is a fine game, wasn't aware it got airplay outside our turf.

GMT partnered up to get a bunch of English versions of it, which is fortunate since my Catalan is awful.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

frunk

Quote from: Habbaku on December 17, 2014, 07:19:33 PM
GMT partnered up to get a bunch of English versions of it, which is fortunate since my Catalan is awful.

I didn't even know you had a Catalan.

Habbaku

-J. R. R. Tolkien