News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The NEW New Boardgames Thread

Started by CountDeMoney, April 21, 2011, 09:14:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Delirium on September 27, 2014, 12:31:19 PM
We are playing the Prague campaign game now (although play is not exactly fast-paced), I have Fontenoy and Lobositz plus the Primer and Monmouth is on its way. This is the new Prussian black, this BAR thing.

Once you lock down the basics, the rest of the game system is gravy. 

katmai

Habbu!
What was that new game you posted on the book of face today?
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Habbaku

Dead of Winter.  http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/150376/dead-winter-crossroads-game

Betrayer-mechanic game with crises a la Battlestar Galactica, but with a lot of twists thrown in.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

CountDeMoney

Hey, have you picked up Quartermaster General, by chance? I heard it was all the rage at Origins.  Been sold out twice at CSI.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/159473/quartermaster-general

Habbaku

I saw that game first-hand at WBC.  It looked awful.  I find it hard to believe that there is a good game in there.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Delirium

Dead of Winter looks interesting, I can see it being played to cover the 1d4+2 hours extra time slot needed on convention nights... Have you played it?
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

celedhring

Dead of Winter looks interesting. Our group loves betrayer games but we've played Galactica to death already.

Ed Anger

GMT fall sale is on. Buy shit you don't need.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Habbaku

Have played Dead of Winter three times now.  I see no reason I won't keep playing it.  :)

-J. R. R. Tolkien

CountDeMoney

celedhring

Quote from: Habbaku on October 05, 2014, 11:11:54 PM
Have played Dead of Winter three times now.  I see no reason I won't keep playing it.  :)

Glad to hear that! I almost bought it last week, but I'm holding out for the Spanish translation (which has already been announced). Some of my friends aren't too fluent reading English and that's the kind of game that gets ruined by "no, that card doesn't mean what you think it means".

Maladict

Quote from: Ed Anger on October 05, 2014, 07:56:17 PM

EotS reprint pushed back to Q2/3 2015  :(

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on October 05, 2014, 07:56:17 PM

Pretty sure I have everything I want/don't need;  the MBT series is ordered.  Habbu, did you pick up Hoplite?

Habbaku

Is Hoplite the Berg game?   :lol:

Nah, I'm skipping the sale this time around. I have everything from them I want.

Instead, I picked up something that...well, I'll reveal when it arrives.  I will be running a Languish forum game of it.  It looks/sounds OSSUM.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

CountDeMoney