News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The NEW New Boardgames Thread

Started by CountDeMoney, April 21, 2011, 09:14:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

My mother plays Catan and my sister and female friends have taken in several games of Battlestar.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

11B4V

Just pulled the trigger on The Killing Ground. :)
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

CountDeMoney

Didn't even know it was being reprinted. 

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 21, 2014, 08:59:50 PM
Didn't even know it was being reprinted.

Bought it off BGG market place.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

CountDeMoney

Ah, gotcha.  That usually has a steep price attached to it.  Gotta get the Overlord expansion, though.

Honestly, TKG is one of the most gorgeously produced games I've ever seen.  Ittsa bootiful ting.

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 21, 2014, 10:13:22 PM
Ah, gotcha.  That usually has a steep price attached to it.  Gotta get the Overlord expansion, though.

Honestly, TKG is one of the most gorgeously produced games I've ever seen.  Ittsa bootiful ting.

95.00 condition good. been waiting for awhile on that one. Bought from the guy before.

CountDeMoney

So I preordered all 3 MBT titles, the West Front Panzer expansion, and have some other items coming.

It all goes into the storage unit, a Walter White pallet of wargames.  HOW MUCH IS ENOUGH

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 23, 2014, 07:27:32 PM
So I preordered all 3 MBT titles, the West Front Panzer expansion, and have some other items coming.

It all goes into the storage unit, a Walter White pallet of wargames.  HOW MUCH IS ENOUGH

, but you have them if you need them.  :D

I pre-ordered Hammerin' Sickles and At All Costs.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on June 27, 2014, 08:40:40 PM
http://www.gmtgames.com/p-498-the-us-civil-war.aspx

Earl Van Dorn boner.

Looks like VG's Civil War.  OHWAIT

QuotePlayers of Eric Lee Smith's The Civil War (VG) and Mark Herman's For the People (AH and GMT)  will see many similarities between this game and those two benchmark games. Those two wonderful games inspired many of the rules and concepts used in this game.

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 29, 2014, 10:10:55 AM
Quote from: Ed Anger on June 27, 2014, 08:40:40 PM
http://www.gmtgames.com/p-498-the-us-civil-war.aspx

Earl Van Dorn boner.

Looks like VG's Civil War.  OHWAIT

QuotePlayers of Eric Lee Smith's The Civil War (VG) and Mark Herman's For the People (AH and GMT)  will see many similarities between this game and those two benchmark games. Those two wonderful games inspired many of the rules and concepts used in this game.

:lol:

That's one of Jimmy D's rules of wargame design. Plagiarism.

CountDeMoney

GMT Games:  "If it can fit in a box, we'll publish it!"

And whatever happened to the Herman/Berg "it'll have more leaders than you thought were even in the Civil War" divisional-level monster ACW collaboration that was hinted to years ago, anyway?

Habbaku

That one seems about as dead as Berg's last few brain-cells and Herman's humility.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Ed Anger

I enjoyed the recent bitch session on Consimworld about Berg.  :)
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

11B4V

Picked-up two zip lock games.

Sicily: Race to Messina; uses the VitW system.

Hungarian Nightmare