And we're back!

Main Menu

The NEW New Boardgames Thread

Started by CountDeMoney, April 21, 2011, 09:14:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

Quote from: crazy canuck on June 19, 2014, 12:27:06 PM
Quote from: Tamas on June 19, 2014, 08:58:41 AM
Sooo, I am kind of looking for a decent 2 players game to serve as an intro to boardgames for the girlfriend... Something with a decent theme, so more than a Knizia game, but also a non-war one.
I have bought Carcassone here from home the last time I visited the parents but I just cannot make myself to teach that to her. She would be able, and probably interested, to handle much more complex and interesting ones, so why show that boardgame is for little kids?

Chess

Hansmeister

Quote from: The Brain on June 19, 2014, 10:56:51 AM
Talisman?

I used to play it a lot during my second tour in Somalia. Was a fun little game, too bad I left my copy behind when I left.  Always thought about buying the new version, though I'm not sure if I would find it quite as interesting today.

Hansmeister

I've been playing Battlestar Galactica a lot, usually with 7 players.  What an awesome game!

crazy canuck

Quote from: Tamas on June 19, 2014, 12:53:50 PM
Sooo, I am kind of looking for a decent 2 players game to serve as an intro to boardgames for the girlfriend... Something with a decent theme, so more than a Knizia game, but also a non-war one.
I have bought Carcassone here from home the last time I visited the parents but I just cannot make myself to teach that to her. She would be able, and probably interested, to handle much more complex and interesting ones, so why show that boardgame is for little kids?

Chess

Is it you or her who wouldnt be able to play?

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

sbr

Quote from: Hansmeister on June 19, 2014, 04:37:35 PM
I've been playing Battlestar Galactica a lot, usually with 7 players.  What an awesome game!

Battlestar Galactica is a nice game.  Works well as a forum game as well. ;)

Ed Anger

Try a Diplomacy forum game. The thread should be hilarious.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

sbr

Yes they are.  I have watched a few from afar and cooped another.  Good stuff.

Habbaku

Quote from: Ed Anger on June 19, 2014, 08:07:23 PM
Try a Diplomacy forum game. The thread should be hilarious.

We tried that here a few times.  Seedy never put his orders in.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

garbon

Quote from: sbr on June 19, 2014, 07:59:13 PM
Quote from: Hansmeister on June 19, 2014, 04:37:35 PM

Battlestar Galactica is a nice game.  Works well as a forum game as well. ;)

Yeah we did it here. :)
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Tamas

Quote from: crazy canuck on June 19, 2014, 05:20:13 PM
Quote from: Tamas on June 19, 2014, 12:53:50 PM

Chess

Is it you or her who wouldnt be able to play?

me  :Embarrass:

Nah, chess is boring :P

The Brain

Chess is not non-war, and thus doesn't meet specs.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

CountDeMoney

It's a trick question, and thus the discussion is moot:  girls don't play boardgames after 11 years of age.
That is scientific FACT.

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 20, 2014, 08:37:21 AM
It's a trick question, and thus the discussion is moot:  girls don't play boardgames after 11 years of age.
That is scientific FACT.

:hmm:

Or is it they just won't play boardgames with Seedy?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

I don't take dives in Candyland. :glare: