News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The NEW New Boardgames Thread

Started by CountDeMoney, April 21, 2011, 09:14:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Fired off an email to GMT;  the sale was to last until midnight Pacific time Friday, and when I tried it shortly after midnight EST, the coupon code was expired.  Rawr.

The Brain

Quote from: Ed Anger on May 10, 2014, 08:48:47 PM
For Brain, the Charles XII signal:

http://www.atomagazine.com/Details.cfm?ProdID=131

Charles was 17, not 18, when war came. Charles didn't invade Russia three years after Narva. Also, Charles should be rated higher and should have the combat value of at least a battalion.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Ed Anger

Quote from: The Brain on May 11, 2014, 01:56:44 AM
Quote from: Ed Anger on May 10, 2014, 08:48:47 PM
For Brain, the Charles XII signal:

http://www.atomagazine.com/Details.cfm?ProdID=131

Charles was 17, not 18, when war came. Charles didn't invade Russia three years after Narva. Also, Charles should be rated higher and should have the combat value of at least a battalion.

No way. Half a squad at best.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Ed Anger

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 10, 2014, 11:26:05 PM
Fired off an email to GMT;  the sale was to last until midnight Pacific time Friday, and when I tried it shortly after midnight EST, the coupon code was expired.  Rawr.

So, did you get satisfaction?

dps

Quote from: Ed Anger on May 13, 2014, 03:47:58 PM

If Mick Jagger can't get no satisfaction, do you really think Seedy can?

garbon

Is that how you should be spending your money, young man?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ed Anger

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on May 13, 2014, 03:47:58 PM

Yeah, they scored me the 1914 East Front game.  They're good peeps.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on May 13, 2014, 05:04:51 PM

Yes.  Yes it is.

Kind of like you and handbags, it's a comfort purchase.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on May 13, 2014, 06:23:04 PM
Arrived at Casa Monkeybutt:

http://www.gmtgames.com/p-242-nothing-gained-but-glory.aspx

Dead Danes. groovy.

More stuff inbound

Never could get into the Musket and Pike series, regardless of how many filthy Scandiweenians die.

Caught up with a few things from CoolStuff myself.  Heh, P.O. Boxes.  THEYLL NEVER KNOW

Ed Anger

I love the 1600 shit. English Civil War, dead papists and idiot Swedish kings getting in the line of fire. :w00t:

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 13, 2014, 07:19:09 PM
Quote from: garbon on May 13, 2014, 05:04:51 PM

Yes.  Yes it is.

Kind of like you and handbags, it's a comfort purchase.

I don't own any hand bags, girl. I checked out that messenger at Prada and then thought - who do I have to impress with at $3,000 bag? :(
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

CountDeMoney

I ordered late.  And now I wait.  :(

Habbaku

I should be playing it as soon as Thursday, with any luck.  I tried it a bit at WBC and it seems great.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien