News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The NEW New Boardgames Thread

Started by CountDeMoney, April 21, 2011, 09:14:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

MMP just banged me for something big, so it looks like I'm getting something in the mail this week.

Really need to review my preorder status with these game companies, what with limited funds... :unsure:

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Ed Anger

With the weather being shitty, I've been going through my games and getting a buying itch.

That new Dark Valley game from GMT looks....interesting.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Ed Anger

Man, those counters are hard to read.

The Brain

They're supposed to be naked women, right?

The Brain

I ordered a bunch of crap related to Japan.

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

Actual new board games news :

Got Martin Wallace's A Study in Emerald.  Cthulhu/Victorian/Sherlock Holmes-based deck-building game a la Dominion, but with way more interaction between players and a much better theme.  Read the short story by Neil Gaiman and you'll get a feel for the game's awesome setting.  I've played three times already and love it.

Also up on the docket : A Distant Plain, GMT's COIN-series game on Afghanistan.  Mostly got it because of the theme and because it got me free shipping for it and ASiE if I ordered it.  Trying it out via PBEM play at the moment.  No idea what I think about it just yet.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

CountDeMoney

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 23, 2014, 02:28:40 PM
MMP just banged me for something big, so it looks like I'm getting something in the mail this week.

Really need to review my preorder status with these game companies, what with limited funds... :unsure:

Turns out it was the Line of Battle series Gettysburg game.  Right into storage it went.  :lol:

Ed Anger

I wish Blood and Roses would hurry up. Daddy wants some hot English on English killin'.

CountDeMoney

Heh, I can have packages delivered straight to my storage unit place. 

This accomplishes two things: 
1) I can get all of MAH WERGAMES I want, and
2) I don't have to listen to Mom's bullshit about any of it.

Ed Anger

She doesn't like white on black SS counters either.

CountDeMoney

She used to throw them when she was mad.  Sometimes at me. 
Fuck if I'm going to let her have another crack at it.

11B4V

It would appear someone at my bank is a wargamer.  :P

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".