News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The NEW New Boardgames Thread

Started by CountDeMoney, April 21, 2011, 09:14:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

[6.0] Hungarian special rules

When a Hungarian unit enters a city, flip it to its reduced side. This simulates half the unit going off to steal, panhandle, kidnap children, etc.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

garbon

With how touchy Tamas gets on the subject, you'd think he was from Hungary or something.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

PDH

[6.1]  Hungarian Movement Reduction - All Hungarian units suffer a -1 movement penalty on roads due to mismatched wheels on their gypsy carts.  Note, retreat is at 2x movement.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Ed Anger

[6.2] Hungarian Supply Rules

All Hungarian units must stay within 5 hexes of a Hungarian supply unit or Hungarian supply hex. This simulates the supply of beets, turnips and paprika they need.

At the end of the turn, a Hungarian unit is more than 5 hexes away, flip to its reduced side.

Tamas

:rolleyes: NOT FUNNY

Did I choose the only item with paprika in it from the menu of the Christmas dinner? Yes. Was it a coincidence? TOTALLY

PDH

I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Ed Anger

Kleves

'The Art of Siege'? Does it contain poorly drawn pictures of Disney starlets?
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

Syt

Having seen this game in action on YouTube, I think I want to expose my friends who I know enjoy roleplaying games to Fiasco.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Habbaku on December 26, 2013, 12:49:35 AM
:showoff:

Ha, finally pulled the trigger, did you?  Only took you a year to convince yourself.  :P

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Syt on January 01, 2014, 03:08:45 AM
Having seen this game in action on YouTube, I think I want to expose my friends who I know enjoy roleplaying games to Fiasco.

I played that with some of the WH40K crew at my old job;  that is a hell of a lot more fun than people think it would be at first.