News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The NEW New Boardgames Thread

Started by CountDeMoney, April 21, 2011, 09:14:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Hell, I always read the Designer's Notes.  Usually that's where they'd put their reasoning behind certain rules, fucked up or otherwise.

Berkut

Quote from: 11B4V on December 01, 2013, 04:29:47 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 01, 2013, 04:25:49 PM
You know I'm trafficking in the truth, 11B.  You were up to your ass in those squares, too.

What you speak is Truth.

Berkut;
Fateful Lightning
TSS
This Hallowed Ground

I don't know anything about Fateful Lightning, but the latter two do not qualify as playable, in my book. They are both monster games.

THG sure was pretty though.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

The Minsky Moment

This Hallowed Ground

Isn't that just the older version of the new game?
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

11B4V

Quote from: Berkut on December 01, 2013, 10:10:39 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 01, 2013, 04:25:49 PM
You know I'm trafficking in the truth, 11B.  You were up to your ass in those squares, too.

What you speak is Truth.

Berkut;
Fateful Lightning
TSS
This Hallowed Ground

I don't know anything about Fateful Lightning, but the latter two do not qualify as playable, in my book. They are both monster games.

THG sure was pretty though.

Different strokes for different folks. Depends on the rules overhead which seems to be declining. IMO the trend that seems to be going with the newer "monster games" is stream lined rules unlike the heady days of SPI.....

Compare GDW's Crusader to grogsims Crusader

SPI's TSS (Great Battles system)  to Last Chance's (Lob system)
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Ed Anger

Fap

11B4V

fleeing civilians. Got to love that.

11B4V

In other news;

Chris' AK: Desna came in and what a nice production.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: 11B4V on December 05, 2013, 09:26:42 PM

I don't recognize that;  is Ed rubbing GDW's "Third World War" series in our faces again?

Ed Anger

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 07, 2013, 07:48:05 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on December 05, 2013, 09:26:42 PM

I don't recognize that;  is Ed rubbing GDW's "Third World War" series in our faces again?

New one coming from Decision for one of their quadrillion magazines.

Ed Anger

And yes, if I still owned those GDW games, I'd post a picture a day of the boxes.

CountDeMoney

The Brain

Why do people get rid of games? I haven't sold a game in my life.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

11B4V

Been looking for a decent priced copy for a while now.