And we're back!

Main Menu

The NEW New Boardgames Thread

Started by CountDeMoney, April 21, 2011, 09:14:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Berkut on December 01, 2013, 01:27:37 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 30, 2013, 07:39:00 PM
It's a commonly held view that the world needs more Gettysburg games, g. 

Name me a *good* Gettysburg game.

Avalon Hill's "Gettysburg", 1964 edition.  That's right, the one with the squares.  REPLAY VALUE FOR 12 YEAR OLDS: HIGH

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

CountDeMoney

You know I'm trafficking in the truth, 11B.  You were up to your ass in those squares, too.

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 01, 2013, 04:25:49 PM
You know I'm trafficking in the truth, 11B.  You were up to your ass in those squares, too.

What you speak is Truth.

Berkut;
Fateful Lightning
TSS
This Hallowed Ground
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

PDH

Oh god, I remember Terrible Swift Sword (still have it someplace).  Mike and I would go and play that for ever, had it set up in the basement of my Dad's place.  Four maps of greatness, if I remember correctly.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

frunk

Quote from: Maladict on December 01, 2013, 10:20:29 AM
Bought Histogame's Maria. Looks nifty, especially the map  :wub:

It's a brilliant game, probably my favorite.  Enjoy.

11B4V

Quote from: frunk on December 01, 2013, 07:55:08 PM

No Panzers...... <_<

Ed Anger

Quote from: 11B4V on December 01, 2013, 09:13:02 PM
Quote from: frunk on December 01, 2013, 07:55:08 PM

No Panzers...... <_<

Tanks are so overdone.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

11B4V

Ed Anger

There is nothing more exciting than an field full of Greeks stabbing each other in the butt.

11B4V

QuotePaul,

Thank You for responding with some ideas.  The only one I have at the moment is for the 3 battles of Alamein.  I know there are some good ones out there that might be better gamed and would be unique.  I will add these to my list of material.  Some of these will work well with the fluid situations that existed.  It's nice to know someone reads the Designer Notes.  The ones for the updated DRK are quite extensive.

Thank You also for the order.  You have the unique honor of being the first person to receive the new and improved Air Enhancement.  Please let me know what you think of it.  It should add a completely new level of play into the game.  It was greatly expanded just a couple months ago.  The rules were redone and cleaned up considerably.  I reformatted them and added some new charts.  If you have any questions please feel free to ask.  I make myself very available for customers.  As you can see I am at my computer working on a Sunday night.  I have been hammering away at the rules edits and counter sheet reviews for Totenkopf.

Respectfully,

Chris Fasulo Sr

:yeah:

Ed Anger

Keep sucking up to the designer.

11B4V

Quote from: Ed Anger on December 01, 2013, 09:38:25 PM
Keep sucking up to the designer.

:blurgh:

I also have rough drafts for smaller Deathride Kursk scenarios. Just need to play test.

Ed Anger

I held Richard Berg's vomit bucket once.

11B4V

Strange comment about he made about designers notes. Do people not read the designers notes anymore.

After the Squence of Play review, I read designers notes second, then a front to back rules read.

Always done that.