News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The NEW New Boardgames Thread

Started by CountDeMoney, April 21, 2011, 09:14:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Lol, already preordered that shit a while back, love the command and orders process in that LOB system

CountDeMoney

MMP's Black Friday Sale tomorrow

QuoteThe Black Friday Sale List

Regular Price   Sale Price
A Fearful Slaughter   95   50
A Victory Denied   38   20
ASL Action Pack 6   35   19
ASL Action Pack 8   34   19
ASL Journal 2   50   25
ASL Journal 10   28   15
Baltic Gap   70   38
Battle Above the Clouds   83   45
Blood Reef Tarawa ASL Gamers Guide   16   5
Breakthrough: Cambrai   40   20
Guadalajara   34   15
Guiderian's Blitzkrieg 2   160   90
Karelia '44   42   20
King Philip's War   44   20
Leros   40   20
No Question of Surrender   68   35
Operations: Special Issue #2   36   20
Operation Watchtower ASL Historical Study (Ziplock)      40
Out of the Attic #2   20   10
Rock of the Marne   40   20
Solitaire ASL (Ziplock)
NOTE: LIMIT 5 per customer!!      60
Special Ops #1   24   13
Special Ops #2   24   13
Storm Over Stalingrad   44   24
Talavera   47   15
The Kingdom of Heaven   80   45
Tide at Sunrise   40   20
Turning the Tide   20   10
Where Eagles Dare   160   90
Yom Kippur   28    15

First# is the Reg Price, 2nd is the Sale Price.

Pretty sure I have everything from them I'd want.  :mellow:

11B4V

I been working too much. Missed this. 16 maps Chris!!!!!  :lol:

QuoteOperation Crusader as you've never experienced it, at Battalion and company level.  This game is an extensively improved version of Armored Knights - Operation Gazelle.  There are now variable die roll modifiers in addition to variable strengths.  The game allows for the kind of fluid movement and battle flow that happened during the real battle.  There are extensive command and supply rules that will give you the ability to have the same kinds of events happen to your force that happened to 21st Panzer.  They were sent on a wild goose chase and then ran out of fuel and could not respond to additional Commonwealth efforts.  There is a heavy reliance on using Combined Arms to enhance your chances of success in each engagement.  You will even see the ability to use Ground Attack to hit enemy units with air by themselves.  The rules are written using the Seven Battlefield Operating Systems and help to make it easier to learn.  These rules are not overbrearing and can be easily digested.  They are broken out by Command and Control, Maneuver, Fire Support, Intelligence, Air Defense, Mobility and Survivability, and Combat Service Support.  You will need to consider all aspects of the battle and there will be consequences for not considering those aspects.  Don't leave a HQ without an air defense unit nearby for protection.

This battle focuses on the Commonwealth releif of Tobruk.  4 Allied Divisions make a daring plunge into the Axis front and reach Sidi Rezegh only to be hammered because they didn't consolidate the gains or coordinate the breakout attempt well enough.  The Afrika Korps has different plans.  There is even a scenario that has the Germans make their attack on Tobruk first to see if they can take the port before the Allied offensive can disrupt it.

This game has:
(16) 11x17 Map Sections
(6) Unit and Marker Counter Sheets
Many Examples and Play Aides
Rules
(5) 11x17 Scenario Cards
Numerous Charts and Tables
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Maladict

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 29, 2013, 12:12:20 AM
MMP's Black Friday Sale tomorrow

QuoteThe Black Friday Sale List

Regular Price   Sale Price
A Fearful Slaughter   95   50
A Victory Denied   38   20
ASL Action Pack 6   35   19
ASL Action Pack 8   34   19
ASL Journal 2   50   25
ASL Journal 10   28   15
Baltic Gap   70   38
Battle Above the Clouds   83   45
Blood Reef Tarawa ASL Gamers Guide   16   5
Breakthrough: Cambrai   40   20
Guadalajara   34   15
Guiderian's Blitzkrieg 2   160   90
Karelia '44   42   20
King Philip's War   44   20
Leros   40   20
No Question of Surrender   68   35
Operations: Special Issue #2   36   20
Operation Watchtower ASL Historical Study (Ziplock)      40
Out of the Attic #2   20   10
Rock of the Marne   40   20
Solitaire ASL (Ziplock)
NOTE: LIMIT 5 per customer!!      60
Special Ops #1   24   13
Special Ops #2   24   13
Storm Over Stalingrad   44   24
Talavera   47   15
The Kingdom of Heaven   80   45
Tide at Sunrise   40   20
Turning the Tide   20   10
Where Eagles Dare   160   90
Yom Kippur   28    15

First# is the Reg Price, 2nd is the Sale Price.

Pretty sure I have everything from them I'd want.  :mellow:

Shipping to Europe sucks  :(

grumbler

Quote from: 11B4V on November 28, 2013, 10:34:49 PM
Christ;

Last Chance for Victory

Last Chance for Victory is the next entry in The Gamers' Line of Battle series (LoB) which simulates the Battle of Gettysburg.

Components:

LoB Series v2.0 Rulebook
Game Specific Rulebook
Two Order of Arrival Booklets
Scenario Booklet
Two Charts and Tables Booklets
Six Full Color Game Maps (Check out some samples here and here and here!)
Three Full Color Play Aids
2,240 Counters (Check out some samples here and here!)
22 Scenarios... with up two three size variations each, one of which is one map for each!
Box and Dice

http://www.multimanpublishing.com/Products/tabid/58/ProductID/239/Default.aspx

Boy, that page is, for a historian, irritating as fuck.  The author of the page tries to set himself up as a genius by setting up and knocking down straw men.  All that "commonly held view" and "commonly assumed" and "everyone assumes" shit is for the birds.  Not that I'd ever buy such a game, but at least the designer can be honest to history.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

CountDeMoney

It's a commonly held view that the world needs more Gettysburg games, g. 

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 30, 2013, 07:39:00 PM

:yes:
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

CountDeMoney

I think the LOB series should've gone out West--Shiloh would've been cool--but I think MMP wanted to take advantage of Rick Barber's new map work of Gettysburg while they had the chance.

11B4V

Hopefully one day I can set up Chris' entire DR:K series; XXXXVIII Pz, II SS, and III Pz sectors. Would be monumental. It would be nice for him to include the northern salient AO. Doesnt the credit it deserves.

I do have the space...BTW  ;)

Ed Anger

Quote from: 11B4V on November 30, 2013, 07:46:26 PM

:yes:

I'm thinking about getting that new one from Worthington.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

We'll yeah, move the beer fridge and the venison freezer in the garage, you should have plenty of square footage.

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 30, 2013, 07:50:56 PM
Rick Barber's

That guy is fantastcally sick. His maps are works of art IMO.

Chris is using him to update all the DR:K series maps too.  :punk:

Maladict

Bought Histogame's Maria. Looks nifty, especially the map  :wub:

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Berkut

Name me a *good* Gettysburg game.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned