News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The NEW New Boardgames Thread

Started by CountDeMoney, April 21, 2011, 09:14:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

11B4V

2013 Planned Releases and Highlights:

Armored Knights – Guderian Crosses the Desna 1941 takes the AK game system into the small battle arena. The situation puts you in command of one of Guderian's Panzer Korps from 2nd Panzer Group needing to cross the Desna as a preparation for the drive south to encircle the Russians at Kiev. This game will make a great introductory game for players wanting to get acquainted with the Armored Knights game system. 2 German Panzer Divisions, 3rd and 4th, must push aside a Russian Rifle Division and some Tank Brigades, keep the bridges from being blown up, and establish a bridgehead that can be used as the jump-off point for the drive south. This game will have (4) 11x17 map sections, (1) counter sheet, and numerous charts, tables, and player aides. This game also features map data from Rick Barber.

2014 Planned Releases and Highlights:

Death Ride Kursk – Totenkopf is going to get this series started. It is the link between the original games and the newest games. Price is expected to be $150. If you buy a pre-order coupon then your total cost to purchase will be only $100. Now is the time to get your pre-order coupon as the coupon sales will end sometime early in 2014.

Death Ride Kursk – Leibstandarte adds to the excitement of Death Ride Kursk – Totenkopf by adding the forces that made the most direct attack on Prohkorovka. Price is expected to be $110. If you buy a pre-order coupon then your tot cost to purchase will be only $75. Now is the time to get your pre-order coupon as the coupon sales will end sometime mid in 2014.

Death Ride Kursk – Das Reich adds the last element to the excitement of Death Ride Kursk – Totenkopf and Leibstandardt by putting the right flank elements in place, along with the forces that link to the III Panzer Korps when those games are ready. Price is expected to be $120. If you buy a pre-order coupon then your tot cost to purchase will be only $80. Now is the time to get your pre-order coupon as the coupon sales will end sometime late in 2014.
The current plan now includes releasing the Command and Control and Fire Support enhancements with these games. And remember, if you have the existing GD/3Pz/11Pz games and would like to get the updated maps currently under development by Rick Barber, you'll want to get the pre-order coupons. For each pre-order coupon you buy you will get 1 of the existing map upgrades for free. The new maps are considerably more detailed and the total map size for the nine, yes that's 9, game series is (24) 22x34 map equivalents.

Death Ride Salerno – Maintenance/Logistics/Air Enhancement is a significant add on for the series. Players will be placed in the hot seat to develop and implement a variety of staff functions normally left out of games. Battlefield recovery and repair, moving supplies, and air to air combat and interception are just a few of the additional detail this will bring.

2015 Planned Releases and Highlights:

The four 100 Days battles, Quatre Bras, Ligny, Wavre, and Waterloo, will all be released before the 200th Anniversary of the battles. That means all will arrive before the 15th June 2015 and the 200th Anniversary of the battles. The series will start with Quatre Bras, followed by Ligny, then Wavre, and lastly the crowning jewel, Waterloo. The series will have an overview map that allows you to make some different decisions about how and where each division and corps are deployed and you can then decide to send more cavalry with Napoleon toward Waterloo, or even reassign one of the infantry corps away from Grouchy. Maps will feature the data from Rick Barber.

Death Ride – Tarawa takes the Death Ride games into a new and exciting phase with the addition of the amphibious enhancement. The battle lasted almost 4 days. As one of the Marine regimental commanders said on the first day, the issue is in doubt. This will leave your jaw on the floor when you see how well the Death Ride system integrates this capability. The battle was known for the hammering the Marines took while they were trying to get ashore and wading in the lagoon. The landing phase of the invasion will be modeled from the start of the final run in through the beach lanes. That means the landing craft units of AMTRACS, LCVP, and LCVT, will all be units that carry Marines to the beach. LCVP and LCVT will risk getting stuck on the coral reef and dumping their troops into the lagoon many hundreds of yards offshore. The scale is going to be tightened to 100m per hex in order to bring the most detail we can to the small 4km x 2km island. And all units will be modeled at platoon level. Coupons will be available soon. Price has yet to be determined. Todd Davis is providing the map art for this game.

Death Ride – Arras takes the Death Ride games into the early days of the Blitzkrieg. The British managed to surprise Rommel and the 7th Panzer Division and made a real day of it for the Brits. The Germans were psychologically damaged and the result was the beginning of stop orders to the forward Panzer Spearheads. Matilda's are going to have a little fun with their armor strength and the Germans will need to be able to find something powerful enough to eliminate them.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

CountDeMoney

Those FS/Maintenance/Logistics/Air Enhancement kits really add some bad ass fun to the DRK series.  It just keeps getting bigger and awesomer.

I am curious how the system will port over to Tarawa.

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 05, 2013, 09:06:37 PM
Those FS/Maintenance/Logistics/Air Enhancement kits really add some bad ass fun to the DRK series.  It just keeps getting bigger and awesomer.

I am curious how the system will port over to Tarawa.

Only Chris would do it at 100 meter scale for the entire battle.  :lol:
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

CountDeMoney

And he'd be the only one to actually make it playable.

Ed Anger

Got the Star Fleet Marines( and it's hideous cover art). Rules look simple enough for a 5 year old to semi-understand.  :)
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Maladict

Is the No Retreat series any good? The new Italian front P500 sounds interesting.

The Brain

Quote from: Ed Anger on October 10, 2013, 05:13:14 PM
Got the Star Fleet Marines( and it's hideous cover art). Rules look simple enough for a 5 year old to semi-understand.  :)

I'm sorry, katmai. :console:
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Ed Anger

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Ed Anger

CountDeMoney

Damn, a 1-2 combo.

I really wish Volko Ruhnke would stop making games.  Every interesting subject he does a Eurogame COIN version of is robbing the conflict of a real potential title out there.

Speaking of Volko, I want to trim some of my collection:  anybody want to buy a copy of Andean Abyss?  I really, really regret getting it, and it's just sucking up space.

11B4V

Ed Anger

GMT is having their sale. Now you can get the endlessly repeated CDG Games you want.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on October 26, 2013, 05:26:15 AM
GMT is having their sale. Now you can get the endlessly repeated CDG Games you want.

Yeah, I saw.  Too bad I can't take advantage of their "Hard Times" unemployed gamer deal again, I already did that once already.  :lol:

CountDeMoney

For all you Samurai out there--

QuoteThe largest game ever published in Japan, The Longest Day, covering the Sengoku Period.