News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The NEW New Boardgames Thread

Started by CountDeMoney, April 21, 2011, 09:14:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

That's my fave-rave air combat game of all time.  So much early Cold War shit in there.  Voodoos, baby. Voodoos.

Ed Anger

I thought I had Whistling Death also. But it seems to have vanished.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Ed Anger

I need to go through my piles of stuff. Time for spring cleaning. Next week.

11B4V

Quote from: Ed Anger on May 22, 2013, 11:29:26 AM
New arrival:

The Speed of Heat. F-86's? Neato.

GDW's AS system was the best one out there IMO. Does Speed have any scenarios covering the F-102 in nam?
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 22, 2013, 11:30:27 AM
That's my fave-rave air combat game of all time.  So much early Cold War shit in there.  Voodoos, baby. Voodoos.

An ungodly ugly aircraft.

the A-5 being the prettiest from that time period.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

CountDeMoney

Quote from: 11B4V on May 22, 2013, 04:32:57 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on May 22, 2013, 11:29:26 AM
New arrival:

The Speed of Heat. F-86's? Neato.

GDW's AS system was the best one out there IMO. Does Speed have any scenarios covering the F-102 in nam?

TSOH is actually a continuation/refinement of the GDW AS system, so it's completely compatible with Air Superiority and Air Strike.  The only one from the set I don't have is Desert Strike.  :(

And there aren't any Vietnam-specific scenarios for the Delta Dagger--even though there's a shitload of 'Nam scenarios--but they're in some hypothetical Cold War scenarios, and you can always rip and replace scenarios.

I love TSOH because it's got so much stuff that never saw real combat in the early jet age, like the Cutlass.

Ed Anger

I found my Whistling Death. Mint in shrink.

CountDeMoney

Ed Anger

CountDeMoney

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 11, 2012, 01:57:02 PM
Interesting find of the day:  data sheets for COA's Speed of Heat, starring famous Sci-Fi fighters, courtesy of some Japanese website.

Bumped for Ed, now that he's got TSOH.

Ed Anger

Lol. I can be timmay now and pit Colonial Vipers vs Tie Fighters.

CountDeMoney

I was thinking more like Colonial Vipers against a shitload of MiG-19s in Thud Ridge.

BOOMER VERSUS COL TOOMB

Ed Anger

He flew mig-21's. :nerd:

And wiki sez mig-17's also.

Ed Anger