News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The NEW New Boardgames Thread

Started by CountDeMoney, April 21, 2011, 09:14:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Kleves

I'm in for the inevitable Legion of Honour Languish MP game.
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

Habbaku

I will gladly run it, but it will crash and burn a week later when Berkut's computer explodes.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Berkut

Only if you insist on using FUCKING VASSAL!
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

CountDeMoney

More Cold War fappage:

https://sites.google.com/site/schutzegames/product-list2/firststrike62

QuoteThe Cuban missile crisis spins out of control in this new version of Bruce's acclaimed nuclear war fighting game system.
Using historically accurate strategic (ie Nuclear) force structures the players will be responsible for fighting the war on a global scale when the diplomats fail.
Rather than concern themselves with the operations of Army Corps and Naval Task Forces, players will be directing the B-52 bomber wings of SAC or the Strategic Rocket Forces new SS-7 "Saddler" ICBM's.
Of course the new Soviet missile complexes on Cuba still retain their importance as a dagger aimed at the heart of the USA and will have to be factored into both sides plans. The surprise potential of these weapons are accounted for in the radar rules.

The Brain

Except America's nuclear forces are in a deep Malaise Pocket.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

sbr

CountDeMoney

Hey Ed, your boys at Decision Games is starting a "25 at 25" promo:  one game at 25% off every day for 25 days.

AnchorClanker

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 13, 2013, 07:31:40 PM
Hey Ed, your boys at Decision Games is starting a "25 at 25" promo:  one game at 25% off every day for 25 days.

:thumbsup:
The final wisdom of life requires not the annulment of incongruity but the achievement of serenity within and above it.  - Reinhold Niebuhr

Ed Anger

I think I have about everything I want from them.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Yeah, pretty much.  And there's some stuff of theirs I'd rather get rid of.

Anybody want a copy of Wacht Am Rhein 2005, 1st edition?  I already know how it turns out.

Maladict

GMT is having a sale, 50% off everything.

Ed Anger

Ed Anger

Unless it is an elaborate joke.

Ed Anger

New arrival:

The Speed of Heat. F-86's? Neato.