News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The NEW New Boardgames Thread

Started by CountDeMoney, April 21, 2011, 09:14:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Playing the Americans in the fleet games give you an invincibility boner.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on April 11, 2013, 09:15:19 PM
I remember my friend spending a huge amount of time figuring out where to move his carrier BG in sixth fleet. Only for me to hit it with a badger and backfire strike.

VAMPIRE VAMPIRE. Lol

CAP not, want not.

Ed Anger

Now I want to play AH's Midway.

11B4V

Hey, you old grogs

I put in a pre-order for http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/94373/dien-bien-phu looked good. Any one have any info on the designer or legion games in general.

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

CountDeMoney

Legion Games stuff has better production value than most people think, but some of their games seem to be put together better than others--I have their Saipan & Tinian game, and it's a nice little production for what you pay for.  FWIW, I recommend that game if you've never done any WW2Pac island-hopping--but Chris Faluso's combat system is better.   :D

re the designer:  I've got his game on the Algerian War.  It's not hardcore hexes-and-counters; it's area movement-based, but you can get through it solo considering it's got political facets.  From that and the rest of their titles' reputations, Legion Games seems to do a good job on topics you really don't see elsewhere very often. 

I'm waiting on MMP's game on DBP myself, but you probably can't go wrong with this one.  Looks light and fun.  And you can't have too many games in Indochina.

Speaking of MMP, looks like their Salerno game squeeked under the P500 wire in the nick of time.

11B4V

Thanks. I was looking at GDW Citadel too, but for fucks sake $$$$$. I might take a look at the MMP DBP.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

CountDeMoney

LOL, Man, some of those GDW titles from back in the day are outrageous, eclipsing most SPI titles.  You don't even want to know what I paid for GDW's Crusader.
And to top it off, it was missing an entire fucking countersheet. 

The Larch

So, some friends of mine have just opened an online shop for customized tokens, bits and pieces for boardgames. In case you are interested, here's their website.  :)

http://www.customeeple.com/

CountDeMoney

That site will make Hab toss his Eurocookies.

Cubes look kinda neat, though.

Ed Anger

11B4V

CountDeMoney

Would be more fun if it were computer-based and therefore fahdiz-proof.

CountDeMoney

Sweet, got hit by MMP for my Rising Sun preorder.

edit: dammit, just a confirmation.  I really hate their system sometimes.

Habbaku

So many games coming in the next couple of weeks/months...

GMT's Rebel Raiders and Won By The Sword, MMP's War of the Suns and Stonewall Jackson's Way, Nuts! Publishing's To The Last Man and, finally, Clash of Arms' Legion of Honour.  Going to be a busy summer.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

CountDeMoney