News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The NEW New Boardgames Thread

Started by CountDeMoney, April 21, 2011, 09:14:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: 11B4V on April 11, 2013, 07:47:43 PM
Should have went with Air & Armor. Fantastic two player game. ;)

Yeah, by all accounts a much better modern combat game system.

Ed Anger

Those WWI games from decision are on sale for 300 .
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

11B4V

Quote from: Ed Anger on April 11, 2013, 08:03:05 PM
Those WWI games from decision are on sale for 300 .

I sure they're good games, but I'd rather watch paint peel.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

11B4V

Odd question. Have any of you ever used time limits on turns?
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Ed Anger

Quote from: 11B4V on April 11, 2013, 08:56:27 PM

Nope. I'd beat my opponent with the star fleet battles rule book if they tried that.

11B4V

Quote from: Ed Anger on April 11, 2013, 08:58:44 PM

Nope. I'd beat my opponent with the star fleet battles rule book if they tried that.

I still got that honkin tome downstairs.

Ed Anger

I actually got my wife to play it. Once.

11B4V

Quote from: Ed Anger on April 11, 2013, 09:00:48 PM

Was this a good or bad experience????

Ed Anger

Quote from: 11B4V on April 11, 2013, 09:01:26 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on April 11, 2013, 09:00:48 PM

Was this a good or bad experience????

it was too nerdy for her.

I can get her to play wargames with SIMPLE rules.

CountDeMoney

No.  People who do that outside of a tournament setting are the gaming equivalent of sweaty ass cracks.

11B4V

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 11, 2013, 09:05:04 PM

No.  People who do that outside of a tournament setting are the gaming equivalent of sweaty ass cracks.

:lol: It would be by mutual consent. But it would throw OCD gamers for a loop.

CountDeMoney

Then again, I will grief you for spending 60 minutes setting up the Italians in Ethiopia in 1936.  Like it fucking matters.

Ed Anger

I remember my friend spending a huge amount of time figuring out where to move his carrier BG in sixth fleet. Only for me to hit it with a badger and backfire strike.

VAMPIRE VAMPIRE. Lol

11B4V

Quote from: Ed Anger on April 11, 2013, 09:15:19 PM
I remember my friend spending a huge amount of time figuring out where to move his carrier BG in sixth fleet. Only for me to hit it with a badger and backfire strike.

VAMPIRE VAMPIRE. Lol

He acted schutpidly