News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The NEW New Boardgames Thread

Started by CountDeMoney, April 21, 2011, 09:14:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habbaku

I'm happy to see the rules are pretty brief! About 16 actual pages. I imagine a lot of stuff is off-loaded to the cards, per usual.

Do we have any preference for sides? That'll help me focus my initial thoughts on strategy. Tamas as Croats is fine by me, but I'm happy to defer to Bogh since he brought the idea of the game up in the first place.  :P
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Tamas

Yeah my preference is Croats but I don't really mind, it's bogh's game so he should have first choice. :)

I suggest we make a Onedrive/Dropbox folder to use like with Stellar Horizons. Just make sure not to post the link here out in public. :P

bogh

I've got a slight preference for the Bosniaks - having lived in Sarajevo and all. Habs can steamroll me as the Serbs then...

celedhring

If you feel like writing an AAR of your game, I always greatly enjoy reading those.

Maladict

Quote from: celedhring on March 16, 2021, 04:04:52 AM
If you feel like writing an AAR of your game, I always greatly enjoy reading those.

Ditto. Trying to get my TTS group (that sounds a bit generous for two people) interested in this.

bogh

I've created a dedicated thread - will try and update as we go along.

Oexmelin

The kickstarter for John Company, 2nd edition, just launched today.
Que le grand cric me croque !

Valmy

Quote from: Oexmelin on March 30, 2021, 10:02:57 AM
The kickstarter for John Company, 2nd edition, just launched today.

And is already at over 300% of its goal.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Habbaku

I KSed about one hour after it went live. I'm not surprised it shot up as much as it did.

I'll be doing some playtesting over the coming months with the in-progress TTS module. If any of you want in and have some time on an EST weekend...
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

I also KSed the Saladin game here, which looks really neat and is from a veteran designer as well:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/shakos/duel-pack-saladin-and-border-states

-J. R. R. Tolkien

bogh

I am considering backing the John Company KS - and get my hands on Pax Pamir at the same time.  :bowler:

Habbaku

Pax Pamir 2nd ed. is also great. Definitely get that.

Come to think of it, that's another one that works great PBEM/play by forum... :shifty:

-J. R. R. Tolkien

bogh

celedhring

Quote from: Habbaku on March 31, 2021, 01:35:29 PM
Pax Pamir 2nd ed. is also great. Definitely get that.

Come to think of it, that's another one that works great PBEM/play by forum... :shifty:

Heh, I enjoyed our first edition languish games a great deal.

Habbaku

The 2nd edition is even better, for what it's worth. I think it cleans up some of the kludge and makes the decisions a bit trickier.

The vassal module is also great for it and makes PBEM pretty straightforward.

-J. R. R. Tolkien