And we're back!

Main Menu

The NEW New Boardgames Thread

Started by CountDeMoney, April 21, 2011, 09:14:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berkut

This is arriving today:

https://www.gmtgames.com/p-615-tank-duel-enemy-in-the-crosshairs.aspx

I am genuinely interested in this....I sure hope it does not dissapoint.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

11B4V

Oooo I'd like to hear your take on that.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Berkut

"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

11B4V

Fixing to run Leo Anderson through Night of the Zealot.

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

celedhring

Maladict

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Darth Wagtaros

Seafall is nothing spectacular. Not as entertaining as Risk Legacy. Or from what I hear Pandemic Legacy.
I wanna play House on the Hill Legacy.
PDH!

Habbaku

House on the Hill Legacy was pretty fun with my local group. It's better if you've played a decent amount of the regular version, so you'll get a lot of the references, but it's not necessary.

The first session alone was worth the price of entry due to the hilarity factor.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

celedhring

Pandemic Legacy is great. Almost finished season 2 with my group.

Habbaku

Same. I think my group is at...October? It's been a bit since we've played though. I should try to finish it during the Christmas break.

I think I like Season 2 more than 1, though we'll see if they stick the landing.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

celedhring

Quote from: Habbaku on November 14, 2019, 12:30:57 PM
Same. I think my group is at...October? It's been a bit since we've played though. I should try to finish it during the Christmas break.

I think I like Season 2 more than 1, though we'll see if they stick the landing.

I'm liking it more so far. I like that they changed the base gameplay a little, and the story is better/more fleshed out.

Oexmelin

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on November 14, 2019, 12:12:58 PM
Seafall is nothing spectacular. 

Agreed. I really wanted some seafaring game. Seafall is not it. I have not played any other legacy games.

Maracaibo is coming out soon, but the reviews I have seen are more lukewarm than I expected.
Que le grand cric me croque !

Habbaku

RIP Chad Jensen, designer of various Combat Commander games and Dominant Species.  :cry:

-J. R. R. Tolkien

frunk

Quote from: Habbaku on November 14, 2019, 09:56:00 PM
RIP Chad Jensen, designer of various Combat Commander games and Dominant Species.  :cry:

That sucks.  Combat Commander is an excellent design.