The NEW New Boardgames Thread

Started by CountDeMoney, April 21, 2011, 09:14:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Maladict

Quote from: Tamas on October 04, 2019, 06:34:36 AM
It's an IKEA dinner table. :P The Bjursta:

I read several wargaming guys liking it. It's 140cm by default but can be extended to 180 or 220.

I made my Bjursta into this:

You lose the extendable part, but covering/uncovering the table only takes a minute. It's great for long solo games.

Tamas

Habbaku

What are these "solo" games you speak of?
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Syt

What are these "board" games you speak of?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Tamas

Habbaku

Desperate, single wargamers are in YOUR area waiting to play with YOU!
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Berkut

Ikea USA does not appear to have said table.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Tamas

Table is great. Managed to assemble it with no real trouble, although buying an electric screwdriver beforehand was an excellent idea, as there was about 60 screws for the whole thing.

It completely ruins the otherwise big and airy bedroom's looks. :D But the wife has been understanding.

Good to be playing with the time pressure of having to pack up at the end of the day, even for a game like Skies Above the Reich (where you keep all your data between missions of a campaign on paper, so it's pack-up friendly).

I've immediately gone ape, and ordered not only the new Core Set of the Pathfinder Adventure Card Game (my wife and I we both like it), but also Pendragon and Gandhi.

Maladict

Pendragon is a great game.

I'm considering picking up The Dark Sands if there's a fall sale this year. Has anyone here played it?

Habbaku

We should try to play Pendragon here. The system seems pretty good for PBEM, no?

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Tamas

Quote from: Maladict on October 07, 2019, 09:45:35 AM

I'm considering picking up The Dark Sands if there's a fall sale this year. Has anyone here played it?

That does seem intriguing. How is the East Front version of it?

Maladict

Quote from: Tamas on October 07, 2019, 10:24:59 AM
Quote from: Maladict on October 07, 2019, 09:45:35 AM

That does seem intriguing. How is the East Front version of it?

I've had it on the table once, it was a little too big for me. Might try it again this winter.
But from what I've been reading it should be pretty good.

Berkut

I WANT TO PLAY THUNDER IN THE EAST!

Will this table hold that?
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Habbaku

Are you going to fly to London to do your moves?  :hmm:

-J. R. R. Tolkien