News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The NEW New Boardgames Thread

Started by CountDeMoney, April 21, 2011, 09:14:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

11B4V

Any of you all played GMT's Space Empires? thoughts?
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Delirium

I've played it a few times and I think it has a lot of good things going if you accept it as a proper wargame and not just any quick sf game. I like the hidden research and hidden task forces that lets you work a whole lot of deception against the other players. The combat system is not bad. But it does take time, especially with serious players. So if you want to conquer the galaxy in three hours, play Eclipse instead, this one can take a day if you let it.
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

11B4V

CountDeMoney

Tamas

Why do people insist on the bloody plastic figures? I want games, not toys.

The Brain

Quote from: Tamas on November 29, 2017, 04:31:38 AM

Shut up. Figures in boardgames (that aren't historical military sims) rule.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Tamas

Quote from: The Brain on November 29, 2017, 05:00:26 AM
Quote from: Tamas on November 29, 2017, 04:31:38 AM

Shut up. Figures in boardgames (that aren't historical military sims) rule.

Ugh. Sometimes, maybe, but often they just get in the way. If I want to play pew-pew with plastic soldiers I buy Playmobil.

Solmyr

Got the 500th Anniversary expansion pack for Here I Stand. Some new cards and new rules. Some bigger changes: Italy is now worth fighting over (French chateaux roll can give better results if France controls more of Italy), phony wars/exploits in Scotland and Venice are made more difficult/expensive, and there might be more fighting over Scotland in general between England and France.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Tamas

Delirium

Hmm, maybe it is time to give HIS another spin...
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

Berkut

Me and Habs did a LOT of the playtesting for those changes. I think they make a great game even better.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

11B4V

Berkut

Got my copy of Wild Blue Yonder yesterday. It sure looks pretty...
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned