News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The NEW New Boardgames Thread

Started by CountDeMoney, April 21, 2011, 09:14:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

I was reading some of the threads for Compass Games' Brezhnev's War over at BGG.  Oh man, what a dumpster fire.   :lol:

CountDeMoney

Ed Anger

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 11, 2017, 08:47:13 PM
I was reading some of the threads for Compass Games' Brezhnev's War over at BGG.  Oh man, what a dumpster fire.   :lol:

The game, the comments or both?

-Curious in Ohio
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Ed Anger

QuoteThis would have been an absolutely ideal game for me. Unfortunately UK forces are rated in this game as the worst in Western Europe. The designer can go and **** himself.
2017-09-15

WATCH OUT, WE GOT A REAL BADASS HERE.

CountDeMoney

Yes, several Brits took umbrage to that, especially for 1980.  :lol:  Ty Bomba said you don't like em, you can change them yourself.  People took even more umbrage to that.  :lol:

Also--
QuoteThe 50" x 35" map covers the core area of the Federal Republic of Germany at 6.66 miles (10.8 km) per hex. There are 352 large-size (5/8") unit counters, representing the divisions and brigades immediately on scene at the time, along with the masses of other units that could've been sent as reinforcements.

That's a shitload of map without many counters.

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 11, 2017, 09:02:02 PM
Yes, several Brits took umbrage to that, especially for 1980.  :lol:  Ty Bomba said you don't like em, you can change them yourself.  People took even more umbrage to that.  :lol:

Also--
QuoteThe 50" x 35" map covers the core area of the Federal Republic of Germany at 6.66 miles (10.8 km) per hex. There are 352 large-size (5/8") unit counters, representing the divisions and brigades immediately on scene at the time, along with the masses of other units that could've been sent as reinforcements.

Looks like a bag of ass.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Ed Anger

I went to the game's bgg page. The Brit butthurt is worth it.

Even better: French units are rated better.

:lol:

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on November 11, 2017, 09:15:15 PM
Even better: French units are rated better.

:lol:

Game accounts for intrinsic commuter factors.

11B4V

Bomba has never been impressive.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

CountDeMoney

Ed's cornered him more than once with his scooter and whacked off in front of him.

Ed Anger

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 11, 2017, 10:10:05 PM
Ed's cornered him more than once with his scooter and whacked off in front of him.

Hells yeah

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: 11B4V on November 11, 2017, 09:09:57 PM

Also--

Looks like a bag of ass.

Agreed, the game is a joke.  All the complaining from Brits when the most glaring error is nerfing the Americans.  No EM-50 Urban Assault Vehicle and no Sgt. Hulka leader counter.  Sad.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Ed Anger

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on November 14, 2017, 11:32:47 AM
Quote from: 11B4V on November 11, 2017, 09:09:57 PM

Also--

Looks like a bag of ass.

Agreed, the game is a joke.  All the complaining from Brits when the most glaring error is nerfing the Americans.  No EM-50 Urban Assault Vehicle and no Sgt. Hulka leader counter.  Sad.

I like the cut of your jib.

Ed Anger

I'm thinking of kickstartering that Platoon Commander Kursk game. I'm a sucker for platoon level games.