News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The NEW New Boardgames Thread

Started by CountDeMoney, April 21, 2011, 09:14:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Lock n Load publishing possibly has the worst website known to man.

Apparently they publish a strategic Pacific War game. But thanks to their RetardoSite, only thing I learn is that a Jap designed it.

I guess I saved 60 bucks.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Ed Anger

Stolen from BGG:

QuoteBlack Friday a couple of weeks early. Nov 9th - Nov 13th. It was announced in an e-mail, I don't see anything on their website.

For those not familiar with MMP (Multi-Man Publishing), they publish wargames.

See MMP Announces Veteran's Day Sale for more discussion (in the wargamer's forum.)

Sale Items:
Lincoln's War - $44
Korea (OCS) - $50
Beyond The Rhine (OCS) - $74
Tunisia II (OCS) - $32
Guadalahara (SCS) - $18
Rock of the Marne (SCS) - $22
Heights of Courage (SCS) - $22
It Never Snows (SCS) - $50
The Mighty Endeavor II (SCS) - $30
Day of Days (SCS) - $66
Storm Over Dien Bien Phu - $24
Last Blitzkrieg (BCS) - $72
Angola - $40
A Most Dangerous Time - $36
Action Pack #6 (ASL) - $18
Action Pack #9 (ASL) - $18
Action Pack #10 (ASL) - $10
Action Pack #11 (ASL) - $14
ASL Journal 11 - $20
Best of Friends (ASL) - $5
Out of the Attic #2 (ASL) - $5
Blood Reef Tarawa Gamer's Guide (ASL) - $5
The Greatest Day: Sword, Juno & Gold (GTS) - $144
Kawaguchi's Gamble: Edson's Ridge - $24
King Philip's War - $24
No Question of Surrender (GTS) - $37
Operations Special Issue #2 - $20
Rivers to the Reich (ASL) - $5
Special Ops #1 - $20
Warriors of God - $26
Warriors of Japan - $24
Winter Offensive Bonus Pack #1 (ASL) - $6
Winter Offensive Bonus Pack #3 (ASL) - $7
Winter Offensive Bonus Pack #4 (ASL) - $7
Winter Offensive Bonus Pack #5 (ASL) - $7
Winter Offensive Bonus Pack #6 (ASL) - $7
Winter Offensive Bonus Pack #7 (ASL) - $8
Winter Offensive Bonus Pack #8 (ASL) - $7

Kleves

My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

Habbaku

Nope. Steer clear of any John Poniske design. The man's a nice enough guy, but an awful designer who doesn't listen to his developers.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Habbaku on November 06, 2017, 08:40:14 PM
Nope. Steer clear of any John Poniske design. The man's a nice enough guy, but an awful designer who doesn't listen to his developers.

I dunno, I liked King Philip's War.  Light and fluffy.

Ed Anger

CountDeMoney

Don't you have stairs to fall down or something productive to do?

Ed Anger

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 06, 2017, 10:57:22 PM
Don't you have stairs to fall down or something productive to do?

I'm just waiting to be awoken by the blood takers at 2am.

CountDeMoney

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on November 03, 2017, 08:23:41 PM
Lock n Load publishing possibly has the worst website known to man.

Apparently they publish a strategic Pacific War game. But thanks to their RetardoSite, only thing I learn is that a Jap designed it.

I guess I saved 60 bucks.

They suck.  They sucked when Mark Walker was going all weirdo Strange Things with it, they've just gotten worse.

Maladict

Got charged for Pendragon today. I might have it by Christmas  :cool:

Delirium

That MMP sale is really very good. Too bad I already picked up Beyond the Rhine a while ago, but I will pull the trigger on Korea, with my new found OCS addiction still burning. Some people were talking about the BCS series and the Last Blitzkrieg price is good, but I don't know. And if I were interested, half price for The Greatest Day is a good deal. But I need to stay clear of that series...

How about Warriors of Japan/God?
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Delirium on November 07, 2017, 03:06:54 PM
How about Warriors of Japan/God?

They have a very strong following--especially WoG--and are very nice productions for their size.  Those prices are great.

And people rave about the BCS series.  Apparently that's a big winner.

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Ed Anger