News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The NEW New Boardgames Thread

Started by CountDeMoney, April 21, 2011, 09:14:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

Garbon will never have to worry about being snared by someone's box.

Ed Anger

I got a paper catalog from Compass games today. While I took a shit, I drooled over some of the upcoming stuff.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

They have a ton of juicy-looking stuff out this month and in the coming months. 

What concerns me is if they're going to be any good as polished products, they've never pushed out this much stuff in such a short time span.

Ed Anger

I'll never punch them to find out if they suck.

CountDeMoney

My shit's in storage and it's all ZOMG LULZ SEEDY DUDINT PLAY HIS GAMES but Ed gets a pass.  Fucking handicapped.

Ed Anger

CountDeMoney

Ed Anger

Delirium

I dunno about Compass, some really strange topics and absurd prices for medium-sized games, at least over here. I am weary of buying from them and Decision...

My money goes to MMP almost exclusively now: special ops magazines, OCS, waiting for GCACW stuff, Line of Battle has a new one in the works. I've even started fantasizing about playing ASL.
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

11B4V

Quote from: Delirium on October 12, 2017, 04:31:50 AM
I dunno about Compass, some really strange topics and absurd prices for medium-sized games, at least over here. I am weary of buying from them and Decision...

My money goes to MMP almost exclusively now: special ops magazines, OCS, waiting for GCACW stuff, Line of Battle has a new one in the works. I've even started fantasizing about playing ASL.

Don't do it. You'll have to go to rehab.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Delirium on October 12, 2017, 04:31:50 AM
My money goes to MMP almost exclusively now: special ops magazines, OCS, waiting for GCACW stuff, Line of Battle has a new one in the works.

Good man.  MMP is your friend.  Compass games do seem to be a little light on the component side, but from what I've seen so far they're good productions, and it's not like they're really cranking out monster games. I haven't read much out there in the way of what dogs their games are, especially compared to the car wrecks Decision puts out.

The only thing that irks me about MMP is how/why/? Starkweather left and took his wares to Compass, and how some of their non-system titles seem to have such a problem getting out of the preorder gate.  I was really hoping the tactical-level Vietnam game would make it, if only to have an alternative tactical Vietnam game not done by Mark H. Walker or Lock n' Loaded.

QuoteI've even started fantasizing about playing ASL.

And why not:  the "core" modules have been coming out at a nice pace.  Next up:  Korea.

Ed Anger

Spartacus supposedly was a bit of a problem rules wise but I didn't punch my game.

CountDeMoney

Now you're just dangling a baby over a railing, just because you can do it.

Ed Anger