News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The NEW New Boardgames Thread

Started by CountDeMoney, April 21, 2011, 09:14:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Delirium

Well, my question was whether anyone had actual experience with the games. In 2012, they were a shambles, now they have gotten a lot of attention, so, where are they now.
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

Maladict

I had my eye on Kingdom of Heaven back when it came out. Haven't heard much of it since, what is the verdict?

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Delirium on October 26, 2016, 03:07:42 AM
Well, my question was whether anyone had actual experience with the games. In 2012, they were a shambles, now they have gotten a lot of attention, so, where are they now.

Couldn't tell you.  I never gave them a lot of attention because they were a shambles.  Wacht Am Rhein is on my "To Sell" pile, just haven't gotten around to it.

Delirium

Quote from: Maladict on October 26, 2016, 05:29:27 AMI had my eye on Kingdom of Heaven back when it came out. Haven't heard much of it since, what is the verdict?

I didn't play that, only the Richard Berg GMT title (name of which eludes me)...but in the end ran out of opponents. I have seen people play Kingdom of Heaven, and by their accounts it was a little too slow, but that is obviously hearsay of the first degree.
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

Maladict

Quote from: Delirium on October 26, 2016, 10:35:53 AM
Quote from: Maladict on October 26, 2016, 05:29:27 AMI had my eye on Kingdom of Heaven back when it came out. Haven't heard much of it since, what is the verdict?

I didn't play that, only the Richard Berg GMT title (name of which eludes me)...but in the end ran out of opponents. I have seen people play Kingdom of Heaven, and by their accounts it was a little too slow, but that is obviously hearsay of the first degree.

Pax Romana? I got it last year in the sale, and sadly still haven't played it.

Delirium

No, not that, the crusade game. Onward Christian Soldiers is the name, had to google it.

Pax Romana was fun for a while but hit diminishing returns after five or six games.

The Brain

Quote from: Delirium on October 26, 2016, 02:43:15 PM
Pax Romana was fun for a while but hit diminishing returns after five or six games.

You sound like CdM.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

CountDeMoney

Quote from: The Brain on October 26, 2016, 02:49:42 PM
Quote from: Delirium on October 26, 2016, 02:43:15 PM

You sound like CdM.

Bullshit.  Roman era's not my bag, baby.

Ed Anger

Ordered 3 games I didn't need from the MMP sale.

I'm such a wargame whore. :blush:
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on October 28, 2016, 07:13:24 PM

I don't want to hear it, Mr. Prostitute Torture Death.

Ed Anger

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 28, 2016, 07:15:11 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on October 28, 2016, 07:13:24 PM

I don't want to hear it, Mr. Prostitute Torture Death.

:lol:

Ed Anger

I sorta have buyers regret now.  :(

I feel like i just ate entire pie...just because.

11B4V

I need to order Stonewall's Sword.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

11B4V

Ahh piss, I just bought Thunder in the Ozarks (Pea Ridge) along with the above about Cedar Creek.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".