News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The NEW New Boardgames Thread

Started by CountDeMoney, April 21, 2011, 09:14:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Brain

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 25, 2016, 09:10:13 AM
Oh look, the Rudy Giuliani of Wargames gets a pass, too.

I have one gazillion unplayed games at home. I get a pass too. :)
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

CountDeMoney

Yes, yes you do, Marco Rubio of Wargames.

celedhring

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 25, 2016, 11:00:03 AM

Let's dispel once and for all this fiction that The Brain doesn't know what he's doing. He knows exactly what he's doing. He's undergoing a systematic effort to change wargaming and make wargames more like Eurogames.

Delirium

Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

11B4V

Quote from: celedhring on September 25, 2016, 11:17:17 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 25, 2016, 11:00:03 AM

Let's dispel once and for all this fiction that The Brain doesn't know what he's doing. He knows exactly what he's doing. He's undergoing a systematic effort to change wargaming and make wargames more like Eurogames.

As long as it has panzer divisions I'm good.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

CountDeMoney

Quote from: 11B4V on September 25, 2016, 11:34:46 AM
As long as it has panzer divisions I'm good.

Transpanzer agenda.   :glare:

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

CountDeMoney

Delirium

Quote from: celedhring on September 25, 2016, 11:17:17 AMHe's undergoing a systematic effort to change wargaming and make wargames more like Eurogames.

Belatedly I realized that this must mean that he is working on yet another COIN game.
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Delirium

After careful consideration I have come down on the side of those who dislike COIN as a wargame. As a eurogame it is challenging but has tougher competition for playing time.

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

CountDeMoney

That's OK, just got dinged by MMP today for 11th Panzer.

11B4V

Habbaku

:cheers:  Would love to know how the Victory Roads game is.  I love the East Front endgame stuff, especially compared to Yet Another Barbarossa game.

-J. R. R. Tolkien