The NEW New Boardgames Thread

Started by CountDeMoney, April 21, 2011, 09:14:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

I like Hitler.  :)

Wait, that came out wrong......
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

CountDeMoney

Don't blame Ed for his 8th grade-level WW2 interests; too many war movies on Saturday afternoons as a kid.

Ed Anger

11B4V

Anyone got exp with this

http://www.hexasim.com/en/1365-Waterloo-1815-Fallen-eagles.html

Ill give it to you euros, you guys produce pretty games. I bought a game on the Crimea put out by a Polish company and fuck, stunning.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

CountDeMoney

Quote from: 11B4V on September 23, 2016, 08:43:56 PM
I bought a game on the Crimea put out by a Polish company and fuck, stunning.

Get the one those guys make on the Boer War, "Farmers vs Empire".  Just as awesome.

11B4V

Ed Anger

I bought some of those French games. Haven't played them(or punched them) but I liked the subject matter.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on September 23, 2016, 08:57:12 PM
Haven't played them(or punched them)

The Donald Trump of Wargames gets a pass.

Delirium

I played Fallen Eagles extensively last Fall and helped a bit with some rules clean-up, also did a FAQ for the game. I was supposed to be a playtester for the follow up game on Austerlitz but just could not find the time with it.

I really enjoy the system, right level of tactics for me. And pretty as you say. Absolutely worth getting into.
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

celedhring

I really need to find a group for Pathfinder Adventure Card Game. I effin' love that game but none of my boardgame groups has taken to it.

Oh well, at least I can play solo via the app...

11B4V

Quote from: Delirium on September 24, 2016, 03:47:41 AM
I played Fallen Eagles extensively last Fall and helped a bit with some rules clean-up, also did a FAQ for the game. I was supposed to be a playtester for the follow up game on Austerlitz but just could not find the time with it.

I really enjoy the system, right level of tactics for me. And pretty as you say. Absolutely worth getting into.

Thanks

Habbaku

Quote from: 11B4V on September 23, 2016, 08:43:56 PM
Anyone got exp with this

I managed to snag a deal on it at WBC, but it's still in shrink in my closet.  I'll be trying it out when I get more free time.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

CountDeMoney

Oh look, the Rudy Giuliani of Wargames gets a pass, too.

The Brain

Quote from: celedhring on September 24, 2016, 03:58:54 AM
I really need to find a group for Pathfinder Adventure Card Game. I effin' love that game but none of my boardgame groups has taken to it.

Oh well, at least I can play solo via the app...

Just finished a weekend in the country with friends, food, booze, and Pathfinder Adventure Card Game. It was nice. :)
Women want me. Men want to be with me.