News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The NEW New Boardgames Thread

Started by CountDeMoney, April 21, 2011, 09:14:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Looks like the designer was never quite sure what kind of game he wanted it to be.

The Brain

Does anyone have an opinion on Cataclysm? The concept and scope intrigues me.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Berkut

Scythe seems to be getting some buzz. Anyone tried it?
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

The Brain

I'm thinking about getting some ASL stuff (only played Squad Leader back in the day). Am I insane?

11B4V

Quote from: The Brain on August 22, 2016, 04:57:41 PM
I'm thinking about getting some ASL stuff (only played Squad Leader back in the day). Am I insane?

Some?

That's like saying I'm getting some Star Fleet Battles stuff. :lol:

Get CM. It's all right there on the comp.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Delirium

I was just at a convention where some ASL players had snuck in their stuff. Just their sorting compartments cost SEK 3,200. Dangerous hobby, that.
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

The Brain

The Brain

I pulled the trigger on some ASL stuff. :)

CountDeMoney

Quote from: The Brain on August 25, 2016, 03:26:00 PM
I pulled the trigger on some ASL stuff. :)

Pace yourself, know what you want and you'll be fine.

And they just announced that for a limited time, they have reprints of Festung Budapest.

The Brain

Interesting. I ordered the rules, Beyond Valor and Rising Sun (because yellows).

Habbaku

Let us know how it goes for you.  I tried getting into a long while back, but could never make it stick.   :)
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

The Brain

It would be cool to find someone who'll play me. But my guess is I will just fondle them. :(

Valmy

Something very important to remember for anybody playing ASL: Any unit entering (or expending MF in) a location containing a Residual FP counter is attacked on the IFT with the FP represented by that counter, a new IFT DR, TEM of the target location, and any applicable FFMO/FFNAM DRM. A unit expending MF to leave a location is not subject to Residual FP attack in the location it is leaving.

Pretty simple really.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

The Brain

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Valmy on August 26, 2016, 12:32:10 PM
Something very important to remember for anybody playing ASL: Any unit entering (or expending MF in) a location containing a Residual FP counter is attacked on the IFT with the FP represented by that counter, a new IFT DR, TEM of the target location, and any applicable FFMO/FFNAM DRM. A unit expending MF to leave a location is not subject to Residual FP attack in the location it is leaving.

Pretty simple really.

You forgot to place your Opportunity Douchebag Troll Post Phase marker.