Started by CountDeMoney, April 21, 2011, 09:14:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solmyr

Quote from: Habbaku on August 15, 2016, 08:03:47 PM
Yes, I spooged all over it.

That seems like it would make playing it difficult. :unsure:

Delirium

Preordered that immediately.

I was so excited about that I preordered Bayonets and Tomahawks at the same time (and Holland '44 for other reasons).
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Delirium on August 16, 2016, 09:16:30 AM

I was so excited about that I preordered Bayonets and Tomahawks at the same time

Honestly, it is one of those "Duh" headslappers.  Unlike some of these COIN shoehorns, it's just such an obvious Superpower topic to port over.

Quote(and Holland '44 for other reasons).

Some would say that Market-Garden titles have reached a saturation point the last couple years, but every subject has room for a Simonitch design.

Glad to see Sekigahara getting reprinted this fall.  I won't miss it a third time.

The Brain

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 16, 2016, 09:00:07 PM
Glad to see Sekigahara getting reprinted this fall.  I won't miss it a third time.

I has it. :smarty:
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 16, 2016, 09:00:07 PM
Quote from: Delirium on August 16, 2016, 09:16:30 AM

I was so excited about that I preordered Bayonets and Tomahawks at the same time

Honestly, it is one of those "Duh" headslappers.  Unlike some of these COIN shoehorns, it's just such an obvious Superpower topic to port over.

Quote(and Holland '44 for other reasons).

Some would say that Market-Garden titles have reached a saturation point the last couple years, but every subject has room for a Simonitch design.

Best Market Garden

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

CountDeMoney

11B4V

It would appear Kitty has taken an effective blocking position. :showoff:
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

CountDeMoney

By the way, 11B, check out this thread over at BoardGameAssburgers:

Kursk gets hipstered, is overrated

11B4V

That is a horribly written summation on Kursk. Fuck sake. As usual, narrow sighted German fanbois make their summation based on 5-16 July. Morons.

The guy mentioning Clark's lame book is an idiot.

I ought to beat him with Chris Lawrence's book. Fucking twat.

Delirium

I like It Never Snows, but winning with the Allies seems impossible.  :bowler:

Simonitch's designs are rock solid: France '40, Ukraine '43 and Ardennes & Normandy '44 are all highly enjoyable. Recommended to all wargamers.
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

The Brain

Is Lamps Going Out worth getting?

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

The Brain

Tamas

Habbaku

Based on AARs, it's basically crazily a-historical.  Austrians at the gates of Moscow level.

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1613389/first-minnesota-takes-lamps-are-going-out-spin

Others have reported similar stupidity.  It might be a good game--of that, I have no idea--but it certainly isn't WW I enough for me.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien