Started by jimmy olsen, April 21, 2011, 01:52:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

WTF!? This is totally bogus! Way to rape my childhood. :bleeding:

http://entertainment.gather.com/viewArticle.action?articleId=281474979190352

QuoteBill and Ted 3': Keanue Reeves Says 'Coming Soon' Dude
April 05, 2011 07:15 AM EDT
1 person recommends this | comments: 2

Keanu Reeves says a "Bill and Ted 3" script is nearly done. Yes, the "Wyld Stallions" are ready to "party on dude" with the return of a follow-up to the classic.

If you're one of the lucky ones to have taken the ride along 20-years ago, when the film became part of the movie annals of history, chances are you're bracing for its return to the big screen.

Wait no more; according to Keanu Reeves, the "Wyld Stallions" are returning. It's so close to becoming a reality, that a script and screenplay are almost complete. Is your blood bubbling yet?

It's been in hibernation too long, but right now is just as good as any to release a follow up to the cult classic film, starring Reeves and Alex Winter with a "Bill and Ted 3."

The boys from San Dismas used the series to launch their careers in Hollywood. Where would they be without that timeless piece?

Despite their success with the franchise, Keanu Reeves would go on to become an A-listed household name, while Winter took a lukewarm approach.

The film, like the "Back to the Future" installments, was a box office hit. However, not only do they share the theme of time travel; they both crashed and burned over time.

A "Bill and Ted 3" would be well received two-decades later, as previous attempts to change the focus of the film were all met with nods heading south.

For example, a third installment failed to get traction in 2007, and faded into oblivion, thanks to a lack of moral (financial) support from MGM.

Next, "Bill and Ted" were met with attempts at creating spin-offs in 1990 and 1992. Again, the candle burned out long before the craze was re-ignited.

Hopefully a "Bill and Ted 3" with Keanu Reeves and Alex Winter will pick up where the duo left off -- trying to create the perfect song to save the hapless world.

The two would have aged a bit, but if the original character of the film twenty-years ago is preserved and injected into the new release, the long wait will not have been in vain.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

MadBurgerMaker

Slargos

Gritty reboot?

Bill is working at the plant, but gets laid off and takes it out on his wife by savagely beating her.

Ted is suffering from a crippling meth addiction, started after his wife died in child birth. He currently survives on performing $1 blow jobs behind a dumpster.

Ideologue

They keep misspelling "Wyld Stallyns." :(  Also, "Keanu."

Anyway, I was aware of this, but it's pretty sweet.  I do wonder how they're going to deal with the leads' age: I suppose the film will have the Stallyns having sold out, and needing to get back on track so as to ensure the survival of the awesome 26th century.  But how does a band with Martians and Death himself sell out?
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Brazen

I'm not sure I'd trust a source with quite so many typos, inaccuracies and mixed up chronologies. Reliable source anyone?

Edit: Never mind:
http://www.theatlantic.com/entertainment/archive/2011/04/bill-and-teds-excellent-adventure-3-is-not-a-joke-keanu-reeves-says/236823/

Also, 20 years on, it might be "sons of".  :x

Eddie Teach

Quote from: jimmy olsen on April 21, 2011, 01:52:14 AM
Way to rape my childhood. :bleeding:

I think that phrase may be starting to lose its significance just a tad...

Besides, why do you begrudge Alex Winters the chance to pick up a paycheck? I'm sure he needs it.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Josquius

Its been in development hell for decades.
I won't hold my breath until production begins.
From what I hear about it it was originally going to be quite the proper sequel but with so long gone now they're going to be aging losers whose career never quite went the way it was meant to.
██████
██████
██████

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on April 21, 2011, 04:34:44 AM

Especially when it only applies to Gen Xers like Ed and myself.  Sorry Timmay, it's raping my college years.

Ed Anger

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 21, 2011, 05:18:55 AM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on April 21, 2011, 04:34:44 AM

Especially when it only applies to Gen Xers like Ed and myself.  Sorry Timmay, it's raping my college years.

It raped my unemployment year when I would hang out at my parents house while they was at work and watch HBO for 4-6 hours and lose myself in endless repeats of Bill and Ted, Naked Gun and Batman while my clothes went through the rinse cycle.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Eddie Teach

Have they settled on names for post Gen X generations yet? What are 30 year olds called, what are 20 year olds called?

Grey Fox

Aren't we Generation Y? I heard Generation C too.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

grumbler

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on April 21, 2011, 07:25:42 AM
Have they settled on names for post Gen X generations yet? What are 30 year olds called, what are 20 year olds called?
20-year-olds and 30-year-olds are part of the same generation.  A generation these days is still about 20 years.

I think the settled term for the generation born between 1985 and 2005 is the "Loser Generation."  Being offspring of the dreadful Gen-Xers, how could it be otherwise?
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Eddie Teach

Quote from: grumbler on April 21, 2011, 07:35:31 AM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on April 21, 2011, 07:25:42 AM
20-year-olds and 30-year-olds are part of the same generation.  A generation these days is still about 20 years.

I think the settled term for the generation born between 1985 and 2005 is the "Loser Generation."  Being offspring of the dreadful Gen-Xers, how could it be otherwise?

I think your post suggests 30 year olds are actually the tail end of Gen X.

While technically you're right, they do separate generations into shorter subgroups to be more descriptive. Like the early boomers are the "protest generation" while late boomers are the "me generation".

Razgovory

I was born in 81, so I'm sort of between.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017