News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Underground restaurants

Started by Gups, April 20, 2011, 10:43:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ideologue

I've been to a restaurant built under the ground.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Caliga

There's some restaurant underwater that I'd love to check out in the Maldives at some badass resort.

It'd be my luck though that I'd sit down to eat there and fucking Jaws would bust through the glass and start eating everyone. :ph34r:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Jacob

You feel you've been plagued by bad luck, Caliga?

Perhaps it's related to your mother?

Caliga

Actually no, my luck has been pretty average I'd say.  I was just trying to figure out a way to work a Jaws 3D reference into my post. :)

Razgovory

Quote from: Caliga on April 20, 2011, 07:53:45 PM
Actually no, my luck has been pretty average I'd say.  I was just trying to figure out a way to work a Jaws 3D reference into my post. :)

I imagine most restaurants would prefer not to have Jaws 3D shown in their establishments.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Ideologue

I would go to a Jaws: The Revenge-themed restaurant.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Caliga on April 20, 2011, 11:57:23 AMWasn't Mono telling us that these things are all over Hong Kong in some earlier thread?

I bet.  How else are you going to get around international endangered species laws?

Oexmelin

Clark: But it's an endangered species!
Carmine : Not any more. It's in New Jersey, it's fine.
Que le grand cric me croque !

Savonarola

Quote from: Caliga on April 20, 2011, 05:43:39 PM
There's some restaurant underwater that I'd love to check out in the Maldives at some badass resort.

It'd be my luck though that I'd sit down to eat there and fucking Jaws would bust through the glass and start eating everyone. :ph34r:

But you'd survive only to be devoured by the landshark once you got home:

:(
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Caliga

Hey that kind of looks like me. :)

Savonarola

Quote from: Caliga on April 21, 2011, 02:24:35 PM
Hey that kind of looks like me. :)

Young Dan Aykroyd or The Land Shark?  :unsure:
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Caliga

Damnit you ruined my joke setup.  You were supposed to say something about me being fatter than Dan Ackroyd and I was going to say something along the lines of "not him, the shark".  DAMN IT ALL TO HELL. :mad:

Savonarola

Quote from: Caliga on April 21, 2011, 02:28:13 PM
Damnit you ruined my joke setup.  You were supposed to say something about me being fatter than Dan Ackroyd and I was going to say something along the lines of "not him, the shark".  DAMN IT ALL TO HELL. :mad:

Sorry, let's try it again.

Goodness, Mr. Caliga, I've been led to believe that you are more heavy set than the young Dan Aykroyd in the picture posted above.

Caliga

I also have a goatee.  But I was talking about the shark, not Dan Ackroyd. *rimshot*

Savonarola

Quote from: Caliga on April 21, 2011, 02:44:46 PM
I also have a goatee.  But I was talking about the shark, not Dan Ackroyd. *rimshot*

I should never have saved you from those seals.