News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NFL 2011 season

Started by Alcibiades, April 19, 2011, 07:52:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alcibiades

Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Valmy

Come on strike!  Things are suddenly looking up for the Redskins  :cool:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Ed Anger

Bungals at Browns. In September. Fucking NFL.

The game should be in December. In the snow.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

sbr

Quote from: Ed Anger on April 19, 2011, 08:19:09 PM

Maybe they could meet in the playoffs.

:lmfao:

Ed Anger

Quote from: sbr on April 19, 2011, 08:20:16 PM

Maybe they could meet in the playoffs.

:lmfao:

So hurtful.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

LOL, the NFL wants the ratings when there's still a sliver of false hope for the season in both cities, not in December when they're both collectively crushed under the sheer weight of reality.

CountDeMoney

Hey katmai, wherever you are: it's on now, bitch.

QuoteRavens play on Thanksgiving for first time in history

Assuming the NFL lockout ends, the Ravens are scheduled for five prime-time games for the 2011 season, including a Thanksgiving night home game against the San Francisco 49ers.

This not only marks the first Thanksgiving game for the Ravens but it's the first time in NFL history that brothers (the Ravens' John Harbaugh and the 49ers' Jim Harbaugh) will face each other as head coaches. The last time a Baltimore NFL team played on Thanksgiving was 46 years ago, when the Colts played at Detroit.

"Thanksgiving, family, football, sharing a meal and watching a football game together. What can be better than that?," John Harbaugh said on the NFL Network. "I'm excited about it. It's going to be historic. We're still trying to talk our parents into coming. My dad and mom said they're not going to be within three time zones of the game. We'll get them there somehow."

Jim Harbaugh said traveling across the country on a short week won't allow him to celebrate the holiday with his brother.

"One thing I can tell you is we're not going to have time to socialize the day of the game," Jim Harbaugh said.

John Harbaugh has other plans. "We're going to try to do is get Jim over to the house, get some turkey, get that tryptophan working so he'll get tired later in the day."

Besides playing the 49ers, the Ravens' other four prime-time games are: against the New York Jets (Oct. 2), at Jacksonville (Oct. 24), at Pittsburgh (Nov. 6) and at San Diego (Dec. 18).

The Ravens open the season against the Pittsburgh Steelers on Sept. 11 at M&T Bank Stadium, which is the third time in four years that they start the season at home.

"Our home schedule is very attractive, including the first two games at M&T Bank Stadium against the Steelers and the Sunday night against the Jets," team president Dick Cass said. "Overall, the schedule reflects the confidence the league has in us after we've made the playoffs the last three seasons and in four of the last five."

Valmy

I don't understand.  How can they play on Thanksgiving against somebody other than the Lions and cowgirls?  :huh:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Valmy on April 19, 2011, 08:24:28 PM
I don't understand.  How can they play on Thanksgiving against somebody other than the Lions and cowgirls?  :huh:

It's the NFL Network primetime game at 8pm;  there's been 3 T'giving games for a few years now, you know.

Pfft, U of T  :rolleyes:

Valmy

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 19, 2011, 08:26:42 PM
It's the NFL Network primetime game at 8pm;  there's been 3 T'giving games for a few years now, you know.

I don't get NFL Network :(

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Valmy on April 19, 2011, 08:29:07 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 19, 2011, 08:26:42 PM

I don't get NFL Network :(

You fail at cable like Vince fails at football.

MadBurgerMaker

http://www.nfl.com/schedules/interactive#/team=HOU

:hmm:  First 6 games are Colts, @Dolphins, @Saints, Steelers, Raiders, @Ravens.  Bye is Week 11.  They don't play the Colts again until week 16, with games against Carolina and Cincinnati the two previous weeks. 

It's not an easy schedule, but it's not the worst either, and it's set up in an interesting way.

CountDeMoney

For once, the Ravens are done with the Steelheads after week 9.  Whew.

Of course, the NFL lockout will ensure the schedule is abbreviated, and Week 9 will be the last week of the season, at which time the Ravens will be knocked out of the playoffs in a game where the refs totally miss Hines Ward actually shooting a Ravens DB, who is promptly flagged for pass interference in the endzone, on a failed 4th and 32 attempt.

Alcibiades

Madden '12 cover released:

Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Valmy