News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NFL 2011 season

Started by Alcibiades, April 19, 2011, 07:52:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sbr

Quote from: Neil on August 08, 2011, 07:57:31 AM
You know, with kickers like Cundiff, they're going to eventually have to make some rule changes or something, because the kickoff is a lot less exciting when you get a touchback almost every time.

Until recently I thought the same thing, but now with all of the emphasis on head injuries and concussions I think the league likes touchbacks.  Kickoffs are one of the most dangerous plays and I don't think they would mind teams just starting on the 2 every drive.

EDIT: Yep, they actually just moved the ball UP to create more touchbacks, they will kick from the 35 instead of the 30.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81ee38c1/article/nfl-moves-kickoffs-to-35yard-line-touchbacks-unchanged

Neil

Quote"We have no answer, but player safety will always trump any other consideration."
Flag football advocates piss me off.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Valmy

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 08, 2011, 12:15:44 AM
Stat of the week:
Orioles attendance on Saturday night at Camden Yards: 18,770
Ravens attendance on Saturday's open workout at M&T Stadium: 24,078

Meh the Orioles season is over.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Neil

Well, Ricky Williams is a Raven.  Now Ray Rice won't have to be on the field for every play, which is nice.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Ed Anger

Everybody in the stadium is going to get a contact high.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Neil

Quote from: Ed Anger on August 08, 2011, 05:14:03 PM
Ray Lewis will sort him out.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Neil on August 08, 2011, 05:20:36 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on August 08, 2011, 05:14:03 PM
Ray Lewis will sort him out.

Honestly, if he had someone like Ray Ray on his ass at the get-go, he'd probably be the leading active rusher in the NFL.  All that talent up in smoke.

Ed Anger

Ditka was too soft with him.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Neil

Quote from: Ed Anger on August 08, 2011, 06:20:51 PM
Ditka was too soft with him.
It wasn't the same Ditka at the end there.

CountDeMoney

Cotchery is visiting Baltimore today.  Yahoo.

I'd have more respect for them if they signed Lee Evans or even Brian Finnernan.  Both are still at home, watching 30 Rock reruns.

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 09, 2011, 04:27:55 AM
Cotchery is visiting Baltimore today.  Yahoo.

I'd have more respect for them if they signed Lee Evans or even Brian Finnernan.  Both are still at home, watching 30 Rock reruns.

I used to watch Finneran play back in the 90s when Villanova played @ Delaware.  I swear, every goddamned down there was a completion, you heard "catch by Finneran".  Didn't realize until after the first game that he had a twin brother who lined up as a receiver on the other side.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

citizen k

I'm getting the Seattle -  San Diego game here on NBC. Where can I see the Ravens one?

CountDeMoney

It's in Philly, so I'm not sure;  check NFL Network and DirecTV if you can.

TV Schedule
Eagles: WPVI 6abc
Ravens: WBAL-TV | CSN | WJLA-TV | WHTM-TV

Radio Schedule
Eagles: 94 WYSP | Sports Radio 610 WIP-AM
Ravens: 98 Rock | WBAL-1090 AM

I expect to see some sloppy ass football.

Neil

I'll be watching it on the PVR.  Ravens are great.

sbr

Quote from: citizen k on August 11, 2011, 05:55:42 PM
I'm getting the Seattle -  San Diego game here on NBC. Where can I see the Ravens one?

The NFL Network is going to show every pre-season game in the next couple of weeks, of course the majority of those will be tape delay so check the listings and fire up the DVR.

EDIT: I've got teh Chargers and Chickens on ESPN and the Ravens and Eagles on NFL network at 8:00 PDT with a replay tomorrow at 10:00 AM PDT.