News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Why Arabs Lose Wars

Started by jimmy olsen, April 18, 2011, 07:16:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

Interesting article, anyone who's fought in the Mideast care to comment?

http://www.meforum.org/441/why-arabs-lose-wars

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Josquius

Just skimmed it.
So...they've been watching Lawrence of Arabia too much?
██████
██████
██████

Razgovory

Tim.

This was already posted on this website.  By Ank. Six years ago.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Ed Anger

Anybody who has played a Arab-Israeli wargame can tell you arabs suck ass.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Razgovory

Huh.  Apparently you can read it in Hungarian.  I wonder what the purpose of that would be.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Razgovory link=topic=4899.msg244442 #msg244442 date=1303172661
Tim.

:rolleyes:
I think I can be forgiven for not remembering something that was posted here six years ago.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Admiral Yi

The article would have really benefitted from a longer discussion of the counter example of Yom Kippur.

Tonitrus

Quote from: jimmy olsen on April 18, 2011, 07:38:28 PM
Quote from: Razgovory link=topic=4899.msg244442 #msg244442 date=1303172661
Tim.

:rolleyes:
I think I can be forgiven for not remembering something that was posted here six years ago.

Yes.  But not for posting 12-year old articles.

Razgovory

I wonder if the Army knows more about how Arabs fight now then they did in 1999.

Eddie Teach

Arabs lose wars because Islam keeps them in the Dark Ages. Duh.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Monoriu

I remember reading the same thing in EUOT. 

sbr

Quote from: Monoriu on April 18, 2011, 09:21:10 PM
I remember reading the same thing in EUOT.

That article was published before EUOT existed.  :lol:

EDIT:  I am not doubting it was posted there I just realized how old it was.

citizen k

This article was first published by a Byzanteen general.

Razgovory

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 18, 2011, 07:49:37 PM
The article would have really benefitted from a longer discussion of the counter example of Yom Kippur.

Or the Soviets, on who's military many of the Arab armies based themselves on.

CountDeMoney