News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

High School Senior Party - what's the score?

Started by Syt, April 18, 2011, 02:47:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

Kinda inspired by Seedy's NWA/PE poll.

It's your senior year in high school or non-U.S. equivalent (i.e. you're ca. 18). What's the music score?

For me, it was 1994 and the most played music at our parties was:
Metallica (Black album and earlier)
Guns'n'Roses
Nirvana
Faith No More's Angel Dust
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Clawfinger
Body Count
Alice in Chains
GWAR

Me and my friends didn't really dig the Eurodance stuff that was dominating the charts back then.  :blush:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Admiral Yi

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Syt on April 18, 2011, 02:47:11 PM
Kinda inspired by Seedy's NWA/PE poll.

It's your senior year in high school or non-U.S. equivalent (i.e. you're ca. 18). What's the music score?

For me, it was 1994 and the most played music at our parties was:
Metallica (Black album and earlier)
Guns'n'Roses
Nirvana
Faith No More's Angel Dust
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Clawfinger
Body Count
Alice in Chains
GWAR

Me and my friends didn't really dig the Eurodance stuff.  :blush:

Eurodance  :yuk:
Not digging it is nothing to be ashamed of  ;)

More or the less the same since I graduated around the same period (one year later).
Add

Weird Yankovic (specially for Smells like Nirvana).
Some Slayer and Megadeth

Syt

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on April 18, 2011, 02:54:06 PM
Weird Yankovic (specially for Smells like Nirvana).

Good point, still my favorite album by him.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

jamesww

Most of my year left at the end of school, aged 16, so 1980; only a minority went on to further education till 18 and still fewer to higher education to gain undergraduate degrees etc

So 'school disco's' included a lot of pop like Abba ( :blush: - :Wub: ) , though I recall at the time Pink Floyd's 'Another Brick in the Wall' seemed to be a bit of an anthem. The background to this was school children at my school staged a strike, which garnered a bit on national attention.

Slargos

I don't recall. High school was not a good time for me, and so I mostly try to put it behind me..  :hmm:

Norgy

I believe it was Nirvana's Nevermind and Pearl Jam's Ten. And some Norwegian rock bands.

dps

I remember helping set up the speakers at my senior party, but after that the alcohol started to be served and what happened gets hazy real quick.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Grey Fox

18? 2002. I have no idea what was good in the early 00's.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Barrister

I remember Tom Chochrane Life is a Highway being played over, and over, and over again...
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

LaCroix

never went, i was too busy not getting laid :)

grumbler

The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive